Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Your little dickhead condescending act might go down well on .net with the rest of the cretins on there, but it doesn't work outwith that environment.

Fans in quotation marks. Fucking hell. Listening to the feelings of fans doesn't have to mean agreeing with them. It just means acknowledging those feelings. Why do you think said feelings should be utterly disregarded by the board? 

Why is the second sentence not worth replying to? Because you're a shitebag and have no actual response? There are plenty of folk who have said they aren't enthused by the appointment but will still go along and give him a chance. Why are those people 'cocksockets'?

Oooft. 

My point was that the board can't & shouldn't trawl message boards for advice on anything, far less who to appoint as a manager of a football club. They'd get 1000 different responses, it would be utterly fruitless. And I'm not sure what you want - the fans should be acknowledged but not agreed with? What would that achieve? The board think Grant is the best man for the job but you  & a few others aren't in agreement. What do you want to happen next? 

My remark about "cocksockets" wasn't just exclusively regarding this appointment. If I was a board member the last person I'd come to for advice would be someone like you. 

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Oooft. 

My point was that the board can't & shouldn't trawl message boards for advice on anything, far less who to appoint as a manager of a football club. They'd get 1000 different responses, it would be utterly fruitless. And I'm not sure what you want - the fans should be acknowledged but not agreed with? What would that achieve? The board think Grant is the best man for the job but you  & a few others aren't in agreement. What do you want to happen next? 

My remark about "cocksockets" wasn't just exclusively regarding this appointment. If I was a board member the last person I'd come to for advice would be someone like you. 

Does that not just f**k up your whole argument 🙄

Edited by Rammit Bawdeep

26 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

On the bright side, at least he's not a racist, homophobe, sexist, bigot............

Seems quite a decent stick if his interview with Ferry is anything to go by. Celtic daft of course. May bring out the inner-bigot in some folk. Let's see what he does.

35 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

What were people expecting? The Germans to get in a manager with great pedigree from abroad?

I don't see why Peter Grant has any more or less chance of success than the other candidates of Petrie, McCann, Hughes etc. He's a well respected coach and hopefully working with a group of players every day will suit him better than a couple of nights a week when he had them at Alloa.

Perhaps Petrie wouldn’t have been possible, I don’t know.

However, he would clearly be a better candidate because fans would have been buzzing and more likely to buy STs, new kit etc which is badly needed right now. It’s not just about how they train the team and what formation they play.

Not sure why those you mention were the only options? However, John Hughes would clearly have been a far better candidate, anyone who says otherwise is talking quite potent shite.

24 minutes ago, Darth Merlot said:

The state you lot are getting into is pretty damn hilarious, cry and howl to get rid of Craword, tears when he's replaced.

Think part of wanting Crawford to be replaced involved “with someone better”, no?

Lockdown must have been very tough if this is hilarious tbf.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Oooft. 

You can't help yourself with your wee act. You have to lie, contort things, avoid things and try to insult and belittle others. Maybe you can scurry off back to .net and boast to the rest of the fannies there about how hard you are?

Once again, I have never once said that the board should be asking any fans for suggestions for manager, or advice on anything. Nor have I seen anyone else suggest this. Why do you keep going down that route? It's very transparent and no is buying it. 

In terms of acknowledgement, and you know fine well what I mean despite your tired act, I simply mean them taking on board the feeling among some fans. Some fans will like the appointment, others won't. The board could simply say that they know some fans might question the appointment, but this (insert reasons) is why we made the appointment and we hope you can get behind the manager and give him a chance. They still might say something like that, but you think they should ignore fans completely. That didn't work out so well for a board that was at the club previously.

You still haven't answered why fans who don't like the appointment are 'cocksockets'? Bear in mind that this is quite a range of folk, with thoughts running from 'underwhelmed but will absolutely give him a chance' to 'fucking awful, I'm not going back'. Why are all of them, from both extremes to everyone in between, 'cocksockets'?

Who is 'someone like me' incidentally? You had a go earlier at a poster, saying that they don't know you. Is that sentiment not applicable here?

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm sure the board don't really give 2 fucks what a few absolute cocksockets on .net & here think.

41 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

On the bright side, at least he's not a racist, homophobe, sexist, bigot............

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You can't help yourself with your wee act. You have to lie, contort things, avoid things and try to insult and belittle others. Maybe you can scurry off back to .net and boast to the rest of the fannies there about how hard you are?

Once again, I have never once said that the board should be asking any fans for suggestions for manager, or advice on anything. Nor have I seen anyone else suggest this. Why do you keep going down that route? It's very transparent and no is buying it. 

In terms of acknowledgement, and you know fine well what I mean despite your tired act, I simply mean them taking on board the feeling among some fans. Some fans will like the appointment, others won't. The board could simply say that they know some fans might question the appointment, but this (insert reasons) is why we made the appointment and we hope you can get behind the manager and give him a chance. They still might say something like that, but you think they should ignore fans completely. That didn't work out so well for a board that was at the club previously.

You still haven't answered why fans who don't like the appointment are 'cocksockets'? Bear in mind that this is quite a range of folk, with thoughts running from 'underwhelmed but will absolutely give him a chance' to 'fucking awful, I'm not going back'. Why are all of them, from both extremes to everyone in between, 'cocksockets'?

Who is 'someone like me' incidentally? You had a go earlier at a poster, saying that they don't know you. Is that sentiment not applicable here?

Jesus fkn christ - the state of you.

To flip this on it's head - if the board do what you ask tomorrow, if they acknowledge that some fans might not be 100% behind this decision, will that pacify you? I highly doubt it, so what's the point?

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Jesus fkn christ - the state of you.

To flip this on it's head - if the board do what you ask tomorrow, if they acknowledge that some fans might not be 100% behind this decision, will that pacify you? I highly doubt it, so what's the point?

Ah, 'state of you' deflection instead of any discussion at all. Original, fresh stuff there. Will it be 'seething', 'calm down' or 'raging' next, rather than actually answering points put to you?

It isn't about pacifying me. But then you know that.

I wasn't aware this term was homophobic. If it is then I apologise profusely.
Baracus I've no beef with you honestly & I apologise for winding you up - I'm stepping back from posting here for a bit. FWIW I'm not convinced Grant is the man for the job at all but I'll give him a chance. 
Mon The Pars.

Looking forward to Grant doing his usual shouting and bawling for 90 minutes in an extremely barren East End Park as some gang like Morton or QoS push us in to the relegation play-offs.

I think Grant can bring something to the table. Totally understand why folk are disappointed but we just need to move on.

• He won't play shitebag football. That was horrific for large parts of last season.
  • He knows this league well and will be better prepared than an outsider to this level.
  • He will know our weaknesses and can hit the ground running by getting the midfield sorted and replacing the keeper.
  • He will have some good contacts in the game when it comes to recruitment. Maybe cast the net a bit further.
  • He will not put up with shite. I know it's a bit old school but everything was a bit nice under Crawford. About time we had a bit of edge in the dugout.  

Fucks know if this is as big a mistake as some folk think, but you have to let future results decide if that's the case.

Edited by Chubbychops

50TxzKZx_normal.jpg

Re: Peter Grant to Dunfermline. I can understand negativity but: I'd expect him to be part of a revamped structure which allows a 'head coach' to coach. Which he can clearly do; his teams play nice stuff. With the right staff and better players? #DAFC

Sounds like Grant may well be part of a new structure according to Alan Temple of the Courier. More of a coaching role. Maybe Meggle going to have a part to play from here?