Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Club put out a tweet this morning asking fans to buy tickets for the 2 festive games, took a tonne of flack and have now deleted it.

Our comms leave so much to be desired.

I did think it smacked of the Masteron era that plea from the club. ''Geez yer money before Nic puts the boot in''.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Club put out a tweet this morning asking fans to buy tickets for the 2 festive games, took a tonne of flack and have now deleted it.

Haha, a good sentiment from them, but definitely a Tweet they should have held back given it was well known that there was an announcement today. They were whistling with the Inverness game mind. That was always going to be a pish crowd.

Shitter that we won't get to Starks as well. We would have taken a decent crowd this time I think (certainly I was going to go).

We only have one home game in January so will be hit slightly less than other clubs, but still a pish situation.

I find it amazing the decision makers decide on a flat out number, rather than a percentage of the ground with maximum social distancing. Not for me, right enough. I couldn't be arsed going, and I can't now thankfully, but a lot were looking forward to it so it's a bit of a shitter for a lot of folk. 

10 minutes ago, parxyz said:

Doesn't go far enough in my opinion.

Null and void the only acceptable option.

As long as we can null and void it from our memories, along with Peter Grant ever being our manager and a good number of the players ever being at East End. Get Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones down with the neuralyzers.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

As long as we can null and void it from our memories, along with Peter Grant ever being our manager and a good number of the players ever being at East End. Get Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones down with the neuralyzers.

They already spent their full budget on them wiping our memories of 2014-15

50 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Doesn't require some in-depth investigation by the club but I would like an explanation from them on the timing of this. Were they totally blindsided by today's announcement and was just a coincidence or was it a shameless attempt to sook up some last-minute cash?

30 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I find it amazing the decision makers decide on a flat out number, rather than a percentage of the ground with maximum social distancing. Not for me, right enough. I couldn't be arsed going, and I can't now thankfully, but a lot were looking forward to it so it's a bit of a shitter for a lot of folk. 

Agree with this. 500 people inside EEP and 500 people at Arbroath are two very different things. Maximum should be 20% of capacity or similar.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Doesn't require some in-depth investigation by the club but I would like an explanation from them on the timing of this. Were they totally blindsided by today's announcement and was just a coincidence or was it a shameless attempt to sook up some last-minute cash?

Agree with this. 500 people inside EEP and 500 people at Arbroath are two very different things. Maximum should be 20% of capacity or similar.

I'd be interested to but, to be fair, the club does do a lot of 'timed' tweets that are scheduled to send out at pre-defined slots. Hopefully it is that and just an unfortunate coincidence, doubt we'll ever know.

1 minute ago, VinnyPar said:

I'd be interested to but, to be fair, the club does do a lot of 'timed' tweets that are scheduled to send out at pre-defined slots. Hopefully it is that and just an unfortunate coincidence, doubt we'll ever know.

Timed for a Tuesday morning when the FM provides an update on COVID restrictions? Knowing this move was a distinct possibility after Wales banned crowds? I have my doubts.

I was planning on going to both home games and the New Year derby in Kirkcaldy but f**k watching any more streams.

On 20/12/2021 at 11:43, Stellaboz said:

Any chance we could grab Nouble on loan from Livi in Jan?

Zero chance, it's already been in the papers a lot about Martindale saying he's coming back to be a first choice player for us