Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Whats in all this for the Germans ??? 

Theres an old saying beware of Greeks bearing gifts, in your case the Bosch lol.................. they cant be investing for no return on their dosh there has to be a catch somewhere

LOAN SHARKS!!!!!!!!

They're obviously here to asset strip the club and sell the ground for flats, even though the club have no assets, the location isn't great for flats, building permission might be hard to come by, laws exist and that people from another country aren't actually bad guys looking to do bad things.

Thanks for telling us of the old saying about Greeks and gifts as well. Never heard that one. If a giant wooden horse appears outside East End then we know they'll be trouble, although I imagine they could probably just use the front door instead.

Alternatively, you could have a quick look at any of the numerous articles that explain it.

Edited by DA Baracus

They do get an extra 5% worth of shares for the extra money to be fair, I'd imagine that it's less £ per share in monetary terms than the original deal but I half expected them to pull out entirely after the whole Ross McArthur debacle.

To me this shows that they are committed to the club going forward but it's really not the right time for them to take over right now when we're in such an awful state with a lot of change going on and they can't get over at all because of COVID. I'd imagine they'll convert that loan into shares the second that things clear up but it allows the training ground etc. to go ahead now.

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Apologies , I thought you's owned East End Park wasn't aware you rented it

The current board members own it.  The investors have an option to buy (think there's lot of clauses as to what they can do with it). They have said that they're not interested in it previously.

I'm not concerned that this loan can latterly harm the club,  as said it looks to be pretty secure.

What is a worry is our ownership continues to look a fucking mess.  We have been a disaster in this state of limbo and for this to continue for up to another 5 years can't be good.

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I'm not concerned that this loan can latterly harm the club,  as said it looks to be pretty secure.

What is a worry is our ownership continues to look a fucking mess.  We have been a disaster in this state of limbo and for this to continue for up to another 5 years can't be good.

I don't blame them at all, they've repeatedly and consistently said that they only want to take control when they can actually be boots on the ground and be able to take a hands-on role at the club. They don't want to be owners-by-proxy which I completely understand. It might mean a bit of short-term pain but it means that they don't have to compromise in the interim and potentially damage their standing when they take full control.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

We turned a profit in League 1 and did so for the first time in my life if this management structure has been a disaster I would hate to think what you would consider a success.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Obviously the money will be used to install turrets from the top of the main stand and murder holes in the players tunnel.

When is the Lidl getting built?

2 hours ago, DeclanG said:

I don't blame them at all, they've repeatedly and consistently said that they only want to take control when they can actually be Jack Boots on the ground and be able to take a hands-on role at the club. They don't want to be owners-by-proxy which I completely understand. It might mean a bit of short-term pain but it means that they don't have to compromise in the interim and potentially damage their standing when they take full control.

FTFY

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

If I can Lance Storm it here, I'm genuinely unsure what to make of this announcement. Would need to be better versed in financial matters. 

For those who are more familiar with company financial machinations, what do you make of this?

Youz are fooked 🙄

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wiggy (what John Hughes calls Craig Wighton?!?! 😂) supposedly has a few teams in for him and Hughes doesn’t seem too arsed about losing him 

It because he pronounces his name Wig-ton.  Then gave him the nickname Wiggy.

Not the sharpest tool.