Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, da_no_1 said:

Perhaps not wishing him luck, but you guys take bitterness it to the next level. We've had our fair share of shitey managers over the years but none of them stir up the rage like Hughes does with you. I get that you get a massive boner taking the pish out of him because of him not being the smartest tool in the box but the hatred really is surreal. It's almost like he single-handedly relegated you that season. Even if that were the case, you seem to have bounced back (roared even) & are in a far better place as a proper community club. Maybe it's time to let it go?

I think it's more so it's Dunfermline he's now managing and doing a terrible job that's the funny thing more so than Hughes as a person overall. I can't remember any of us having much to say about Hughes when he took over Ross County. Anyway, football fans laughing at their rivals being in a shit position shocker. Just got to take it on the chin for the moment bud.

If he doesn't ditch this stupid "system" and not playing the best players at the club, we're as good as down. Nothing to do with fight or heart. Relying on McCann up front on his own and asking Todd and Allan to play above themselves in midfield, whilst our central defence somehow falls apart in recent weeks is entirely on Hughes.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

If he doesn't ditch this stupid "system" and not playing the best players at the club, we're as good as down. Nothing to do with fight or heart. Relying on McCann up front on his own and asking Todd and Allan to play above themselves in midfield, whilst our central defence somehow falls apart in recent weeks is entirely on Hughes.

100%

Wighton and O'Hara should be automatic starters. Circumstances deemed that we had to play Donaldson and Martin at centre half against Morton, but if he has more options for the Hamilton game, he needs to change it. 

We'd be as well not bothering if we are relying on Todd, Allan, and Pybus to play centre mid. Absolutely useless. Wouldn't get a game in League 1 that lot. I've slagged Cole rotten, but surely he can't be any worse than that lot if Dorrans is back? Just play Dorrans and Cole in the midfield and Wighton and O'Hara up front, get the wingers involved as much as possible, and try and bypass the centre of midfield at all times. That gives us the only chance of getting something out games. How Hughes persists with what he is is beyond me. He is just as bad as Grant if he doesn't bite the bullet and make big changes. 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

100%

Wighton and O'Hara should be automatic starters. Circumstances deemed that we had to play Donaldson and Martin at centre half against Morton, but if he has more options for the Hamilton game, he needs to change it. 

We'd be as well not bothering if we are relying on Todd, Allan, and Pybus to play centre mid. Absolutely useless. Wouldn't get a game in League 1 that lot. I've slagged Cole rotten, but surely he can't be any worse than that lot if Dorrans is back? Just play Dorrans and Cole in the midfield and Wighton and O'Hara up front, get the wingers involved as much as possible, and try and bypass the centre of midfield at all times. That gives us the only chance of getting something out games. How Hughes persists with what he is is beyond me. He is just as bad as Grant if he doesn't bite the bullet and make big changes. 

I can't say much about Cole other than the only time I saw him was missing the open goal at Morton. Maybe he'd be better, no idea. He can't be match fit though. Play Dorrans and Pybus in there, get Dow back out right wing linking up with Comrie and play Lawless on the left. O'Hara up front with Wighton is a no brainer. 

I think O'Hara is our top league scorer this season? I've no idea, maybe it's Danny Devine.

He's not going to play two up top. In his recent interview he's going on about how he dropped Billy McKay and Ollie Shaw to play Jordan White as the big man up top, and sounds quite proud of it.

He's not going to change the slow passing out of defence allowing teams to high press us. He's done this all of his managerial career. Problem is that this must be one of the worst teams he's ever managed. The quality is not there to play this way.

His January window need a major turn in fortunes because the the first half of it has not gone well either.

Still time but a poor start from Yogi. Not filling me with confidence at all.

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

It's quite scary how utterly desperate Raith fans are to see Hughes fail. Similar to our administration/relegation period they really do harbour the biggest, most bitter grudges. Put that in with rancid xenophobia & they really are an unpleasant lot.

Shocking that, rivals wanting you to fail. 😄

Given their recent performances I'm delighted that the folk running the Pars both on and off the pitch are going to do so for a bit longer.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What the f**k is wrong with these xenophobic losers? Even fellow Raith fans are embarrassed for you.

What possible reason would the winners of the 1995 UEFA Cup Half Time have to dislike Germans?

Also, people are going on about what an idiot John Hughes is (and he is), but what about the bunch of people who just gave Dunfermline Athletic a large and completely unsecured loan?

Edited by Thumper

14 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Shocking that, rivals wanting you to fail. 😄

Given their recent performances I'm delighted that the folk running the Pars both on and off the pitch are going to do so for a bit longer.

You were always obsessed. This is taking it to a different level. 

25 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Also, people are going on about what an idiot John Hughes is (and he is), but what about the bunch of people who just gave Dunfermline Athletic a large and completely unsecured loan?

Who has done this? When did this happen?

Every game we go without getting in some new signings in the areas we need to strengthen is a step closer to relegation. 

It doesn't seem that the required urgency is there from Hughes or the club. I get that signings can take a while to happen for various reasons, but surely targets would have been identified as soon as Hughes began in the role? Enquiries were surely made as soon as he began? That's the hope and that there is a plan, but it isn't coming together quickly enough. We don't have time to waste. Last weekend was utterly inexcusable, especially since it was against a relegation rival. We are now bottom and with the worst goal difference and joint worse goals against, as well as the worst goals for.

Time is quickly running out.

Just read his latest interview. Absolute tosh. He's going to persist with McCann up front, who hasn't done anything wrong IMO, he puts himself about, but there is no-one there to play off his game. He isn't like Nisbet or strikers of that ilk. He is good at playing the big nuisance role to flick headers on for strikers to get in behind, not play the lone striker role. We can't score from open play playing like this.

We are absolutely f*cked. He talks about bottling the midfield which is a laugh given how dross the midfield is. Can pack as many as you like, but when they are complete shitebags and refuse to challenge second balls, you're not going to be doing well whatsoever. 

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Just read his latest interview. Absolute tosh. He's going to persist with McCann up front, who hasn't done anything wrong IMO, he puts himself about, but there is no-one there to play off his game. He isn't like Nisbet or strikers of that ilk. He is good at playing the big nuisance role to flick headers on for strikers to get in behind, not play the lone striker role. We can't score from open play playing like this.

We are absolutely f*cked. He talks about bottling the midfield which is a laugh given how dross the midfield is. Can pack as many as you like, but when they are complete shitebags and refuse to challenge second balls, you're not going to be doing well whatsoever. 

McCann sometimes wins headers to no one. Horrendous, moronic football.

Also, McCann still has to prove himself as being good enough.

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

image.png.8e4e8223f6db35b7a172efba3731afca.png

What part of "new capital", "greater", "loan" and "unsecured" was difficult to understand?

So how much money are the club paying back on this convertible loan note?

I've got no qualms with Raith fans having a laugh at our expense, it must be hilarious. I've certainly been having a chuckle at it. 

Where it got really, really weird was where they were getting a kick out of Arbroath winning a few weeks back, that was some proper "I'd rather see Dunfermline lose than Raith win" patter, being happy at your title challengers winning is proper wee team. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I've got no qualms with Raith fans having a laugh at our expense, it must be hilarious. I've certainly been having a chuckle at it. 

Where it got really, really weird was where they were getting a kick out of Arbroath winning a few weeks back, that was some proper "I'd rather see Dunfermline lose than Raith win" patter, being happy at your title challengers winning is proper wee team. 

1. Yep, I'm sure plenty of your guys had a good laugh at us in League 1, pretty much what both of us are doing with Lolkirk just now.

2. Truly shite banter, anyone thinking like that needs their head examined.