Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Poor boy was greeting on the pitch today

That has absolutely broken me, why did you have to tell us that??

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

My concern with a on loan keeper is building that partnership, Edwards plus presumably Fisher and one other CB will be here for the medium/long term, I would much rather have a solid keeper here also on a permanent deal otherwise if we have a loan keeper in and have a successful season next year they will be away possibly in the January or that season, in the way Fisher was away this year.

Just my personal preference, Scully did fine for us on loan at the lower level, Jakub last year was also fine but was decent so was naturally away this year.

I understand the sentiment on a long-term basis, but if we’re able to get a better quality ‘keeper on loan as opposed to a permanent deal then I have no issue with it. We’ve even had the likes of Allan McGregor on a loan deal. 

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

I understand the sentiment on a long-term basis, but if we’re able to get a better quality ‘keeper on loan as opposed to a permanent deal then I have no issue with it. We’ve even had the likes of Allan McGregor on a loan deal. 

Yeh I totally get getting the best keeper we can get in but wouldn't be too happy relying on Little as the sole backup in the Championship if we did get a loan in

All the best to O’Hara and Todorov. Both given 100% and contributed some good goals, in important games. Genuinely hope they both go on to have good careers. Just the nature of football though, we need to improve and they’re out of contract.

It's hard to see anyone leave this squad without a tinge of sadness and that probably goes more than most to todorov,   he bought into the club massively and came up with important goals this year.

I wish him and anyone else leaving all the best,  but truthfully when it comes down to the only important factor in putting the best squad we can next year I'm not too concerned about them leaving. 

Screenshot_20230506_224957_Opera.thumb.jpg.1187276d56721db8609f50985a0cd5ba.jpg

Would say, "Aye, thanks mate. Have enjoyed your efforts this season (quite a few vital goals) and wish you good luck at your next club (unless it's Falkirk)."

Edited by DA Baracus

Mental to think that if it wasn’t for Lewis McCann’s winner last week, we’d have pissed the league by 12 points having only won 50% of our home games. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Mental to think that if it wasn’t for Lewis McCann’s winner last week, we’d have pissed the league by 12 points having only won 50% of our home games. 

It is weird.  If your home form's not good it's generally a sign that the dressing room and manager are not united (Jocky Scott), but that's clearly not the problem this year.  Obviously, we'll need to be better at home in the Championship if we want to survive or even challenge.

Is it tactical?  It is mental?  Is it the home fans being torn faced, moaning gits?  It's difficult to tell from overseas.

Most teams came in and parked the bus at EEP, as is their right. The two Edinburgh games were particularly dire in that regard.

By my maths Wighton had 8 in the last 8 there. Looking forward to seeing him with his first proper pre season with us.

6 hours ago, LuoAnLai said:

It is weird.  If your home form's not good it's generally a sign that the dressing room and manager are not united (Jocky Scott), but that's clearly not the problem this year.  Obviously, we'll need to be better at home in the Championship if we want to survive or even challenge.

Is it tactical?  It is mental?  Is it the home fans being torn faced, moaning gits?  It's difficult to tell from overseas.

I'll take being undefeated at home all season again.

6 hours ago, LuoAnLai said:

It’s genuinely just been teams parking the bus and we’ve struggled to break them down. That’s why we’ve only conceded in 8/18 home games. Worth pointing out that Clyde and Peterhead between them scored 50% of the away goals at East End this season - the ‘stronger’ teams have generally played for 0-0 until we score, with the exception of Airdrie (who scored both games) and Falkirk, who played well in the first half of their first visit.

Championship will be a different challenge. Our defence/keeper will be tested much more, but our attacking players should also get more space - albeit, up against better teams/players. Having said that, we’ll be signing some better players too.

Also, why are you saying the home form hasn’t been good? We had a better home record than any other team in the league ffs. 

Edited by CallumPar

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Also, why are you saying the home form hasn’t been good? We had a better home record than any other team in the league ffs. 

I think that’s probably just a reference to the home win ratio alone. Obviously the excellent defensive record and 0 losses counteracts the lack of wins, but if you were to tell us that we would ‘only’ win 10 of our 18 home games this season you’d think we would be in for a bit of a shit season. QOTS won 9 of their home games and we’ve had very different seasons. 

I agree with the rest of your post though. We picked up more points away from home because teams were less likely to sit in deep all game on their own patch. You’d imagine that’ll change next season where just about every game will be far more open. 

Ignoring arse cheeks  we are only the 5th team to only lose 1 game over a 36 game season.  

Hibs 1902/03 1 loss  22 games

Raith 1975/76 1 loss 26 games

St mirren 67/68 1 loss 36 games

Morton 62/63 1 loss 36 games 

Clyde 56/7 57 1 loss 36 games

Hamilton 1903/04 1 loss 22 games

Killie 1898/99  0 losses 18 games

Patrick 1896/97 1 loss 18 games

Ross county 2011/12 1 loss  36 games

Edited by Have some faith in Magic

It's looking unlikely that St Johnstone will pay us cash money for Zak Rudden since he's failing to set the heather alight there.

He made a few disparaging comments about us as he left such as, 'it's good to be valued at a club' when he signed for St Johnstone.

We clearly want to offload him.

James McPake genuinely compared him to Lawrence Shankland and Kevin Nisbet saying along with those 2, that was the 3 strikers he pitched his plan of getting the Dundee job to the board as they were 3 of the best strikers in Scotland.

You need to improve your attacking options. McPake also loves signing a former Dee.

It makes sense...

18 hours ago, Parscelona said:

Think that is the best decision for both parties. We need better options in the forwards area and whilst O'Hara is a decent player,  we need a more reliable goalscorer for the step up to the Championship. 

Would expect Todorov to also be on his way out, so we're looking at two new strikers in the summer to compete with Wighton & McCann next season.

Zak Rudden, lads? Whatever's in your pockets will probably be enough.

b*****d, @Ludo*1 got in before me 😆

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's looking unlikely that St Johnstone will pay us cash money for Zak Rudden since he's failing to set the heather alight there.

He made a few disparaging comments about us as he left such as, 'it's good to be valued at a club' when he signed for St Johnstone.

We clearly want to offload him.

James McPake genuinely compared him to Lawrence Shankland and Kevin Nisbet saying along with those 2, that was the 3 strikers he pitched his plan of getting the Dundee job to the board as they were 3 of the best strikers in Scotland.

You need to improve your attacking options. McPake also loves signing a former Dee.

It makes sense...

I wouldn’t be against that kind of signing to be honest.  

and as for cash, we have some spare lightbulbs from the old floodlights you can have for him.  You’re loaded now anyways with your promotion.  Play friendly.