Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, VinnyPar said:

Assuming Little is offskies and this guy is coming in as backup.

Screenshot_20230802-141839.png

Hopefully means if Mehmet’s injured or has a dip in form (see 2 years ago), we have a keeper that McPake’s comfortable to put in the starting 11. Don’t think he had that with Little, or he’d have played in the challenge cup games.

35 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I actually have never been in all honesty. I enjoy my coffee but tend to get elsewhere if out and about. However, on par with what you're saying, a girl I work with is Canadian and she loves the stuff. Prior to Edinburgh having one, she would travel from Bonnyrigg to Dunfermline just to get one.

About as addictive as skag, that's a ridiculous commute for a cup of fckn coffee.

2 hours ago, par-adise said:

Courier now also reporting contract has been offered to Wotherspoon. 

Hearing three contracts offered from clubs he will pick the biggest pay day

2 hours ago, par-adise said:

Courier now also reporting contract has been offered to Wotherspoon. 

You're close to signing Harrison Sharp from us on loan according to the Record. He really needs first team games and you lads seem more than happy with Mehmet.

Sharp is a promising keeper but at the stage where he needs to be playing. Not sure who this benefits if it goes through other than us getting a wage off the books.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

You're close to signing Harrison Sharp from us on loan according to the Record. He really needs first team games and you lads seem more than happy with Mehmet.

Sharp is a promising keeper but at the stage where he needs to be playing. Not sure who this benefits if it goes through other than us getting a wage off the books.

Our backup keeper Max Little looks to be wanting regular game time this season, so we'll need another backup too. Suits the clubs, whether it's Sharp's best option remains to be seen I guess.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah he definitely won't be our #1 if he signs, unless Mehmet has went and got injured in training this week. We are definitely trying to offload Max Little by the sounds.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thoughts on him? What’s his distribution like and does he seem ready for first team football?

I think Mehmet did well last season, but I remain unconvinced. Some of the goals he conceded were very avoidable and, in all honesty, he was rarely tested. His distribution is awful as well.

That being said, Mehmet is our number 1 and has earned the right to prove himself in the championship. However, I have a feeling that this loan may be to ensure we have adequate backup/competition should his form dip, or if he gets an injury.

Edited by CallumPar

Just now, CallumPar said:

Thoughts on him? I think Mehmet did well last season, but I remain unconvinced. Some of the goals he conceded were very avoidable and, in all honesty, he was rarely tested. His distribution is awful as well.

That being said, Mehmet is our number 1 and has earned the right to prove himself in the championship. However, I have a feeling that this loan may be to ensure we have adequate backup/competition should his form dip, or if he gets an injury.

I actually think this is one of his best attributes tbh, have definitely noticed an improvement in his distribution in pre season / league cup.

Just now, VinnyPar said:

I actually think this is one of his best attributes tbh, have definitely noticed an improvement in his distribution in pre season / league cup.

Me too, I think his awareness when gathering/going for a quick counter can be excellent and short-mid range he can have both good decision making and accuracy (most of the time... not saying there isn't a howler in there).
Where things go downwards is when we're forced into route 1 punts, but I think that has more to do with that being a pretty rough tactic in the modern game, and McCann being our only forward player with the height and physicality to win those kinds of duels. Even then it's a bit of a lottery if we end up with the ball afterwards, but I'd hardly say that failure is Mehmet's fault.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I think we can safely say it's a done deal, then. Their coffee is garbage, but Canadians seem to love it. Wotherspoon won't be able to resist. 

In Canada it's really, really cheap though. I was excited when they came over that they'd have some decent budget coffee but it's the same price as Starbucks. 

They have some very nice doughnuts though, on par with Krispy Kreme. 

4 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Fair enough. He’s decent enough when giving it to defenders, but if he’s asked to play it long, I think he struggles. Also seems to panic whenever an opponent starts to close him down. Happy to be proven wrong though.

6 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Can't remember Mehmet conceding too many avoidable goals last season!

obviously weren’t many, since we didn’t concede many. But Falkirk away sticks out to me, he palmed a fairly weak shot straight back into the box, rather than putting it out wide. Seem to remember there was a running theme at that time, with him struggling to deal with shots from 20-25 yards out. Might not all have resulted in goals, to be fair.

I think I’m still concerned about him at championship level, until he proves he can continue good form into this season. His performances 2 years ago still haunt me. But I’ll be delighted if he has another good season.