Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Nasty draw don't think we will make anything from this would be happy fielding the kids

Good opportunity to give game time to players needing it. Would imagine we’ll plan to get KRH involved in the game. I’d be hoping we play Little, Fenton, Sutherland etc though. Assuming we get a couple more signings, we may have a few other players needing minutes for fitness, or who aren’t starting 11 players by that time.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I have this weird recollection of watching our previous Challenge cup game in a boozer in Dundee. Maybe @DA Baracus can clear that up.

Pretty sure that season we didnt beat them a single time. wont happen this time round, we're far better and I'd say they're nowhere near as good. 

Accurate. We watched it in Halleys. You stayed at mine the night before for something (ICW maybe?). We went up to The Ambassador (previously The Centenary Bar) as heard they were showing it, but they were not!

We later fell asleep on the couch with soup and beer like a couple of old fannies.

Edited by DA Baracus

I wonder if Connor Smith might be a realistic option? Really impressed me in the pre-season game v Hearts. I see Hamilton’s chairman has had a meltdown because his agent said he won’t play in League 1*, which opens the door for championship clubs.

I’d be trying to get him in. If he’d be interested and we can get a loan deal sorted, we can take Wotherspoon’s contract off the table, cause he’s taken too long.

*he also ranted about how Hamilton have plenty of Premiership calibre players like Jackson Longridge, Kevin O’Hara and Kyle MacDonald.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

I wonder if Connor Smith might be a realistic option? Really impressed me in the pre-season game v Hearts. I see Hamilton’s chairman has had a meltdown because his agent said he won’t play in League 1*, which opens the door for championship clubs.

I’d be trying to get him in. If he’d be interested and we can get a loan deal sorted, we can take Wotherspoon’s contract off the table, cause he’s taken too long.

*he also ranted about how Hamilton have plenty of Premiership calibre players like Jackson Longridge, Kevin O’Hara and Kyle MacDonald.

There was a rumour from one of the red tops in the last 10 days that us, Airdrie and Accies were in for him. I think I said at the time, you would like to think we'd be favourites. Bigger club, be able to offer more wages, I think the club has a decent relationship with Hearts, Smith is also a local(ish) boy. I couldn't see him dropping into L1 even though he played for Accies last season. Hearts wanted him around the first team this season, if they've changed their mind and want him loaned out, they'll want him playing at the highest level possible. Can I see any Premiership teams taking a punt? No. So likely it'll be ourselves, Airdrie and anyone else in the division who is keen.