Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If someone does pay daft money for Edwards then we would hopefully go at get Lewis Strapp at the end of this short term deal in January.

Presuming him going back is to try and come to an agreement on the development fee Morton hold over him which obviously stopped him getting anything before now.

4 hours ago, 101 said:

If someone does pay daft money for Edwards then we would hopefully go at get Lewis Strapp at the end of this short term deal in January.

Presuming him going back is to try and come to an agreement on the development fee Morton hold over him which obviously stopped him getting anything before now.

We're not due a development fee now, he was already 23 when he left. He was still injured from January, and having been out so long I wouldn't be entirely surprised if eg Kilmarnock or another club he's trained with are still interested but were happy to see him sign with us again in order to get competitive games to get fit, since anyone signing him now and wanting him to get games wouldn't be able to loan him out.

Despite not performing fantastically, we have managed to land ourselves in a good position in the league. If you'd offered me four points clear of fifth with a game in hand I'd have bitten your hand off. 

It'll be interesting to see where we are the other side of the Raith game, if we can maintain that gap we can really start looking up IMO. 

So a virus at the club and training cancelled today to prevent spreading it according to the Courier. On a plus they're saying Breen, Bene and Fisher have been in full training and are available for Sat. Might be a bit early for them to be starting but it depends how many survive this virus doing the rounds. 

Screenshot_20231214_220914_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Heaton

18 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Got a half ST. Anyone know if these can actually be used tomorrow? I noticed the article that accompanies the announcement, however other clubs have stated when they begin.

Starts with the rovers game on 2nd January. 

Edited by parsdaft

We've played almost every team twice now.

Seems like there are levels. There's the top two who are way ahead, then Partick, then us, then a load of teams below us. The gap between us and Partick still isn't that big in terms of points, but the gap in performance/results is. However the gap between us and 5th isn't too big either, with the performance gap closer.

We have the making of a good team I think, but as I, and plenty of others, have said, there is far too much loyalty to certain players who either aren't good enough for this league or not good enough to be a starter in most games (i.e. they're squad players at best).

Plenty of us have said that McPake needed to be a bit more ruthless in the summer. If anything I would have kept MacDonald and Todorov over some of the players we have and have brought in. Had Todorov had half the chances Jakubiak had then I don't doubt he would have scored. MacDonald would have been very decent cover for the right hand side.

There are simply too many players who aren't good enough to kick us on. Said players are probably solid mid Championship players and top level League One players, but they aren't the guys who can make us challenge at the top of the table, and when you're carrying too many of those you simply can't reach the top level in this league.

January might help with one or to, bit ultimately it won't help with addressing the squad as well as McPake's reliance on and loyalty to certain guys.