Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On programmes - I wonder if they’d be better offering the option of a digital match programme? I’m going to be honest, I can’t be bothered with physical programmes (or even books) these days. But would happily subscribe to a digital service and read some of the articles on the morning of the game or whatever. Would also give fans the opportunity to get one, when they’re not in the country or they’re otherwise unable to make the game.

Perhaps they could even launch some sort of monthly digital newsletter, with a paid subscription. Would possibly help shut up people (like me!) who have moaned about a lack of communication in terms of what is being done by the commercial team. It’s also somewhere else that some smaller businesses could pay for advertising space.

I know, I should have gone to the meeting, rather than post ideas on here. But I just couldn’t make it along for that time last night.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Cheers for the summary there, appreciate it. 

Wonder if putting up signs in the NW corner about the costs of policing due to thrown objects would help put off those doing so? 

That would only be of benefit if enough of them that use that area could read

A lot of good news regarding injuries in the update too. Glad to hear all but KRH could be back this month. But I’m genuinely gutted for Kane. Surgery required, so he’s done for at least another few months.

Our current list of available players is very attack-heavy. None of our first choice defenders available*, but we have got Wighton, Jakubiak, McCann, O’Halloran, Todd, Moffat and Summers fit. Might end up with another goal fest at Airdrie this weekend… or another game where we miss a load of chances!

*classing Otoo as a midfielder, since that seemed to be the role we planned on using him, at the start of the season.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

On programmes - I wonder if they’d be better offering the option of a digital match programme? I’m going to be honest, I can’t be bothered with physical programmes (or even books) these days. But would happily subscribe to a digital service and read some of the articles on the morning of the game or whatever. Would also give fans the opportunity to get one, when they’re not in the country or they’re otherwise unable to make the game.

Perhaps they could even launch some sort of monthly digital newsletter, with a paid subscription. Would possibly help shut up people (like me!) who have moaned about a lack of communication in terms of what is being done by the commercial team. It’s also somewhere else that some smaller businesses could pay for advertising space.

I know, I should have gone to the meeting, rather than post ideas on here. But I just couldn’t make it along for that time last night.

I’d still suggest them to club either through the Marketing guy or David Cook himself.

I'd always grab a 50/50 ticket when passing the wee guy outside the ticket hub between the Main Stand and Norrie, but won't bother online. Been a long, long time since I bought a programme. Used to have buckets of the things in the loft and I think I ended up binning them, wish I didn't.

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’d still suggest them to club either through the Marketing guy or David Cook himself.

I’ve emailed Drew Main with the suggestions in my post. Dealt with him before and he’s usually pretty good at taking thoughts/suggestions on board and passing them on, where necessary.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Pretty sure they already do offer you the chance to buy a 50/50 online when you buy a ticket.

Can’t really comment, due to the fact I’m a season ticket holder. Can’t remember seeing it for the cup game, but they advertise/market the 50/50 tickets online pretty well. Used to be a good way of chucking in a few quid I had in cash, but haven’t bought them online very often.

Unsure how this can be solved, to be honest. It’s maybe just something that’s run its course/we need to find an alternative for?

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Campaign for Cardle Testimonial plz. 

If the club can find a way for Cardle to be useful, whether that be coaching, playing or helping out in any other way, I’d be delighted to see him back. The guy loves the club and is heavily invested in the local community.

The guy was willing to play for free when admin hit. He also returned a couple of years later, when we were at our lowest point (football-wise) for 30 odd years, to do his part for the club.

He had no previous ties to the area at all, but now has a coaching academy set up in Dunfermline and is raising his family here. I also believe he donates to the local hospital/NHS Fife every Christmas(?). If there’s anyone from the modern era that understands what the club/community is about and is truly invested in it, it’s Joe Cardle.

I hope there’s no top flight clubs needing a LB next month, cause Josh Edwards would probably be top of most scout reports. Easy to forget he’s only 23, because he’s been such an important player for so long. Apparently that was his 160th game for us today.

He's playing very well just now and I honestly don’t think there’s a LB in the league that I’d take ahead of him. We have a problem if we lose him at some point. He’s so bloody fit, we’ve never had to worry about having any cover for him.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I hope there’s no top flight clubs needing a LB next month, cause Josh Edwards would probably be top of most scout reports. Easy to forget he’s only 23, because he’s been such an important player for so long. Apparently that was his 160th game for us today.

He's playing very well just now and I honestly don’t think there’s a LB in the league that I’d take ahead of him. We have a problem if we lose him at some point. He’s so bloody fit, we’ve never had to worry about having any cover for him.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Could swear it was only a few weeks ago that people ITT were trying to say that Edwards wasn’t very good…

It was, I said then and I've got nothing to change my mind that he's the best LB/Lwb in the league, he easily becomes a success in the Premier tbh. 

I don't think he goes in January, but I reckon he gets sold in the summer if we don't go up. 

I’m going to start a whip-roond to see if we can find enough cash to buy Jakub a goal. 

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Plenty L2 clubs down south could easily pay six figures tbf.

If someone wants him enough then he’ll be offski.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think bigger clubs will want him, and will keep an eye on him waiting until they can get him for nowt.