Walking Down The Halbeath Road

37 minutes ago, Wacky said:

More to the point, when is he getting inducted into the Hall Of Fame? 
I know you have to play a certain number of games, but IMO super Joe is worthy of it. 

Can't be a number of games, Alex Ferguson is in it and was only at us for what, three seasons?

54 minutes ago, WestHibee said:

One small piece of gossip today for Pars fans. I believe former NZ Captain Tommy Smith has turned down the chance to join on a short term loan until the end of the season from MK Dons. Ex Ipswich and Colorado Rapids CB was keen to move north but wanted a permanent deal but the Pars only wanted a short term loan

On paper would have been an excellent signing. Not seen this reporter anywhere else. 

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Can't be a number of games, Alex Ferguson is in it and was only at us for what, three seasons?

I’m sure I read somewhere that it was so many hundreds of games, but if Fergie has made it I’m sure Joe should get a nod.

As a football fan I think you need to reserve the right for all rational thought to be ignored when it comes to the possibility of re-signing a club cult hero.

Would he play every week? No.

Does he fit the club's signing policy? No.

Is he going to take us to where the club want to be? No.

Do I want us to sign him? f**k aye.

I need to see one more 'Joe Cardle cut in and hit the top corner' goal at East End Park before I die. 

48 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Queens Park have signed Danny Wilson on an 18 month deal. Thats a fantastic signing for this level.

Incredible move, must of cost an absolute fortune to get him on those terms, I was expecting a 6 month deal to get his name back out in Scotland.

12 minutes ago, kdypar said:

On paper would have been an excellent signing. Not seen this reporter anywhere else. 

Albeit it's come through a personal source, Smith and his wife have family connections to West Fife/Edinburgh and it's been floated before as I believe he spoke to a few clubs in the summer but opted to move to MK Dons instead. Believe there still may be a move this window to another Championship club or Premiership club.

Interestingly enough Danny Wilson and Smith were CB pairing for Colorado 2018-2020.

48 minutes ago, 101 said:

Incredible move, must of cost an absolute fortune to get him on those terms, I was expecting a 6 month deal to get his name back out in Scotland.

I think they’ve just sold (or are selling) a young keeper to Bournemouth, for an initial fee of £350k or something. Saw something about it earlier. So, a reasonable contract for a free agent to try and ensure their championship status for another year seems like a decent move in the circumstances.

Has Liam Fontaine left Edinburgh City or is he injured noticed he's not been in their last couple of squads, would absolutely take him until the end of the season as a kind of replacement Bene.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Has Liam Fontaine left Edinburgh City or is he injured noticed he's not been in their last couple of squads, would absolutely take him until the end of the season as a kind of replacement Bene.

He left. Heard he was planning to retire, due to work commitments outside of football.

2 hours ago, WestHibee said:

Albeit it's come through a personal source, Smith and his wife have family connections to West Fife/Edinburgh and it's been floated before as I believe he spoke to a few clubs in the summer but opted to move to MK Dons instead. Believe there still may be a move this window to another Championship club or Premiership club.

Interestingly enough Danny Wilson and Smith were CB pairing for Colorado 2018-2020.

That's worrying, McPake had seemed confident about getting a defender in loan from England, can only presume it was this and it's fallen through, bugger. 

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

He left. Heard he was planning to retire, due to work commitments outside of football.

I'm praying he has landed a record deal

10 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That's worrying, McPake had seemed confident about getting a defender in loan from England, can only presume it was this and it's fallen through, bugger. 

I believe there is now Dundee United on the table but this may have also fallen through according to the Courier and now most likely looking like he'll see out the season at MK

Signing Joe Cardle as a player is a complete no for me. It'd be a backward step in my opinion. Bringing him back to play could destroy the positive standing he built up as a player over the 2 periods he was with us. Fitbaw fans by their very nature are passionate, irrational and angry arseholes, few bad performances he'd get it tight. At 37 regardless of how fit he maybe, he's not going to be half the player he once was. I'd rather we play who we have or sign another young player. 

Nostalgia is one thing, reality another.

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Queens Park are nonsense club nowadays. Should have retained their amateur status.

If he is just used for squads to help out and not hoovering wages, I'd be for it. McPake has said plenty of times there has to be a "wow" factor if he is making a signing, so Cardle probably won't happen. 

Anyone drove past EEP to see if the lights are still on? 

58 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If he is just used for squads to help out and not hoovering wages, I'd be for it. McPake has said plenty of times there has to be a "wow" factor if he is making a signing, so Cardle probably won't happen. 

Anyone drove past EEP to see if the lights are still on? 

I walked past not long ago and the place was in darkness other than the physics studio.

Although it's meaningless as I assume if the manager is there he is on his office in the undercroft.