Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Gonna be honest, even if we beat them next month, I can’t see them being too upset about it come the end of the season.

They’ll finish first or second in the league, having beaten us 4 times in 6 games against us, while we battle to avoid relegation. I’m not sure how they’ll be looking foolish there?

Agreed, although I think biggest issue Rovers have is living up to ever increasing expectations. If you read their thread the week running up to the United game, they were in despair at their team, with many lamenting they could drop right down the league. And to a certain extent, they were lucky against United who pretty much dominated second half but failed to take advantage - an outrageous goal got them off the hook. Between that and the excitement of Ashcroft rejecting us for them, it's clear they are somewhat punch drunk. 

They've got a bit to go before I'm convinced they're as good as they think they are. For all the finger pointing at McPake, I'm not convinced by Murray and I think they need a minimum of second place and play off final if they've to deliver on their investment this season. I still think they'll look back and be pretty happy with their season though regardless of our final game.

30 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Looks a solid enough player for this league wacky. 
good luck to him 

Agreed. The guy has only played a few games for Livi, so hopefully getting a good run will be beneficial to both parties. 

30 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Gonna be honest, even if we beat them next month, I can’t see them being too upset about it come the end of the season.

They’ll finish first or second in the league, having beaten us 4 times in 6 games against us, while we battle to avoid relegation. I’m not sure how they’ll be looking foolish there?

You’re right, we’d be the same if the roles were reversed, but it would be hilarious if we beat them with the players they are scoffing at 

41 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Rovers fans, I don’t think we’ll even come close to winning against you guys in this campaign, but how fuckin foolish will you lot look if we do. 
He who laughs last and aw that. 

A foolish statement.

Surely no one likes MOH are RWB. He doesn't himself and looked more comfortable last week at Right mid and getting wide. Granted the 2nd half he was marked tighter. 

See Matty and Jak are in the squad tomorrow. Been Breen and Fisher are another couple of weeks away. Happy days.

Matty Todd coming back and staying fit would be huge. Somebody who will score goals from midfield and a link to the lone striker. It will be interested to see how he and Chris Kane link up. Was quite impressed with Kane on Saturday.

Edited by Chubbychops

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

Surely no one likes MOH are RWB. He doesn't himself and looked more comfortable last week at Right mid and getting wide. Granted the 2nd half he was marked tighter. 

See Matty and Jak are in the squad tomorrow. Been Breen and Fisher are another couple of weeks away. Happy days.

Aye, if there was a positive from last week it's that I thought it was the best Comrie has played in ages, and the most comfortable MoH has looked. 

I don't particularly get this signing. 

43 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

But,but your supposed to be a big team

Not a big club nowadays. Apparently they were big about 60 years ago but the vast majority of their fans haven't seen them win anything. 

Shame, really. 

7 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, if there was a positive from last week it's that I thought it was the best Comrie has played in ages, and the most comfortable MoH has looked. 

I don't particularly get this signing. 

Considering we can only sign domestic loans and freebies, and that we missed out on our main target, a defender with over 100 appearances in L2 in England doesn't seem like a bad signing on paper even if it hasn't worked out for him at Livi. Maybe he can play on the right of a back three, or he can play RWB allowing Comrie to play there? We shall see but it's a bit more depth at the back. 

10 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

But,but your supposed to be a big team

Do I need to write this in crayon for you? We are a substantially bigger club, you have a better team at the moment, normal service shall be resumed in due course (please don't eat the crayon I used)

8 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Do I need to write this in crayon for you? We are a substantially bigger club, you have a better team at the moment, normal service shall be resumed in due course (please don't eat the crayon I used)

Just to add, remember your protective helmet too. There’s a good lad.