Walking Down The Halbeath Road

41 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Quite enjoyed smashing Buckie and getting it up their arrogant manager 2 years ago so a repeat of that would be decent

Was this on the bus on the way to the game?

13 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

Don't disagree. But for as much as the cartoons are a total cringe, they're still putting us to shame on the comms front. See the latest statement from their board on Twitter. It's obviously a lot easier when you start from a mighty low bar and unexpectedly over achieve, but they continue to show signs of seriously having their shit together. 

And that'll be the last of me singing their praises because quite frankly, it's giving me the boak. 

If we had won the league then yes I'd agree but did we really unexpectedly over achieve over the course of the season? as an outsider what was your thoughts on where we'd finish this season? I get we landed on our feet with the new owners and decent signings but the owners were clear the aim this season was the playoffs (granted targets may have changed when we realised we were in a title fight) and ultimately we ended up where I think most would have predicted as the season went on especially with a team like Dundee Utd in the league. I was quietly confident when the season started and with the squad we had put together and looking at other teams squads that getting 2nd wouldn't have been out of reach. 

18 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Our hardcore support (those who go during the bad times) is probably bigger but probably little or no difference in normal or good seasons.

I appreciate you can just go off vibes. 

Or we can go of that season where both clubs were challenging for the title! 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-league-one/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/SC3/saison_id/2022

Ach would you look at that. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-league-one/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/SC3/saison_id/2022

Not really a direct comparison though it is, considering the league was over at the beginning of March with Dunfermline benefitting from the 2-0 game and trophy day (and every match in between).

A better measure would be us this season with 4,750. 26 less than Dunfermline last season but with no big away supports at all we have pulled larger home crowds.

My take on it is our supports are virtually identical with us possibly shading it slightly over the years, partly due to our free u12s policy. Whichever team is doing better on the park will have the better crowds. 

Both of us with outstrip the rest of the league by quite a bit this season, but as we have found out time and again it doesn't necessarily lead to having a better team 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

8 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not really a direct comparison though it is, considering the league was over at the beginning of March with Dunfermline benefitting from the 2-0 game and trophy day.

A better measure would be us this season with 4,750. 26 less than Dunfermline last season but with no big away supports at all we have pulled larger home crowds.

My take on it is our supports are virtually identical with us possibly shading it slightly over the years due to our free u12s policy. Whichever team is doing better on the park will have the better crowds. 

Both of us with outstrip the rest of the league by quite a bit this season, but as we have found out time and again it doesn't necessarily lead to having a better team 

Sleeping giants of Scottish football

43 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not really a direct comparison though it is, considering the league was over at the beginning of March with Dunfermline benefitting from the 2-0 game and trophy day.

My take on it is our supports are virtually identical with us possibly shading it slightly over the years due to our free u12s policy. Whichever team is doing better on the park will have the better crowds. 

Falkirk fans back to crowd wanking. Can feel the irritability of them already. 

5 minutes ago, North West said:

It is some feat to have a crowd w**k when the comparable stats point to you having a smaller crowd than a club you consider your main rivals.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

If we had won the league then yes I'd agree but did we really unexpectedly over achieve over the course of the season? as an outsider what was your thoughts on where we'd finish this season?

I think that Raith overperformed their underlying numbers and that ultimately scoring very late winners, winning fairly even games by the odd goal and having the opposition either not being able to finish chances or your keeper pulling off worldies is unsustainable in the longer term. It's why I wonder if Raith might see a slight reversion to the mean next season. 

At the start of the season I thought Raith would be top 4 for sure but I don't think anyone really envisaged Rovers being so close to Dundee Utd for so long and to be actually leading the Championship so late in the season. So in that regard I'd suggest that yes, Raith probably did overperform to a certain extent.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

28 minutes ago, North West said:

21 minutes ago, parsboi said:

It is some feat to have a crowd w**k when the comparable stats point to you having a smaller crowd than a club you consider your main rivals.

You're absolutely wasting your time @NavyBlueArmy1876

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I would say that our support that season was pretty good considering that our challenge was really not that great and we were coming off four outrageously bad seasons.

Stand by my post in the greater scheme of things.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I would say that our support that season was pretty good considering that our challenge was really not that great and we were coming off four outrageously bad seasons.

what was the year you were top with a few weeks to go and never made the playoffs ? that was impressive.

6 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

what was the year you were top with a few weeks to go and never made the playoffs ? that was impressive.

There were no crowds that season.

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Aye? In the lead up to the 2-0 game at East End Park your fans were falling over themselves to tell us how good your squad was, how good you'd been since we beat you at TFS and how great the football you were playing. 

395767143.gallery.thumb.jpg.111bb74835f66955d2b4e8c53a506e76.jpg

Still due to that experiance I'm sure Falkirk fans won't fall into the trap of once again over rating the playing prowess of Morrison, Henderson, Donaldson, McCann, Mackie, Nesbitt etc. And they'll be aware that McGlynn has his limitations.