Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Still due to that experiance I'm sure Falkirk fans won't fall into the trap of once again over rating the playing prowess of Morrison, Henderson, Donaldson, McCann, Mackie, Nesbitt etc. And they'll be aware that McGlynn has his limitations. 

I miss the wee flappy penguin.

Happening GIF

Edited by da_no_1

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Aye? In the lead up to the 2-0 game at East End Park your fans were falling over themselves to tell us how good your squad was, how good you'd been since we beat you at TFS and how great the football you were playing. 

395767143.gallery.thumb.jpg.111bb74835f66955d2b4e8c53a506e76.jpg

Still due to that experiance I'm sure Falkirk fans won't fall into the trap of once again over rating the playing prowess of Morrison, Henderson, Donaldson, McCann, Mackie, Nesbitt etc. And they'll be aware that McGlynn has his limitations. 

They will overrate their chances, ability, crowd size, managerial ability, it's just what they do. The fact is McGlynn in League 1 with us was a raging and stuttering fud post match interviews as McPake had the better of him. I predict similar this season.

Just now, North West said:

They will overrate their chances, ability, crowd size, managerial ability, it's just what they do. The fact is McGlynn in League 1 with us was a raging and stuttering fud post match interviews as McPake had the better of him. I predict similar this season.

I've just had a wander over to their page. One Falkirk fan claims Aidan Nesbitt is better than Dylan Easton.

I made my excuses & left.

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Aye? In the lead up to the 2-0 game at East End Park your fans were falling over themselves to tell us how good your squad was, how good you'd been since we beat you at TFS and how great the football you were playing. 

395767143.gallery.thumb.jpg.111bb74835f66955d2b4e8c53a506e76.jpg

Looking forward to meeting up again next season.

25 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I've just had a wander over to their page. One Falkirk fan claims Aidan Nesbitt is better than Dylan Easton.

Didn't believe this so I've checked. It's true.

Going to be a long season. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think that Raith overperformed their underlying numbers and that ultimately scoring very late winners, winning fairly even games by the odd goal and having the opposition either not being able to finish chances or your keeper pulling off worldies is unsustainable in the longer term. It's why I wonder if Raith might see a slight reversion to the mean next season. 

At the start of the season I thought Raith would be top 4 for sure but I don't think anyone really envisaged Rovers being so close to Dundee Utd for so long and to be actually leading the Championship so late in the season. So in that regard I'd suggest that yes, Raith probably did overperform to a certain extent.

😂 seriously?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

19 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

😂 seriously?

Was is sustainable? Did you continue to win tight games you were evenly matched in, perhaps second best in? Or did you stop scoring late goals, start conceding more goals, see a goalkeeper start to make mistakes, start to fade in games rather than grow into them?

20 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

A crowd w**k mate.....really? 

I'm no genius but it's pretty obvious why our crowd was as low as you dramatically suggest......we were on a poor run of form and were in all likelihood in for a doing. Add in getting shafted for £24 and it's pretty obvious. 

Let's wait and see how your enormous crowds fare when your form tails off a bit. They had already dipped towards the end of the season after your bottle crashed at Tannadice if I'm not mistaken.

They didnt. We had over 4000 for a Tuesday night game against Morton.

9 minutes ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Falkirk are easily the best supported team in the championship this season.

Away and shag some comic book posters, Kirkcaldy boy. 

58 minutes ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

They didnt. We had over 4000 for a Tuesday night game against Morton.

You dropped the prices quite dramatically for that one if I remember rightly 

1 hour ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Falkirk are easily the best supported team in the championship this season.

😄 🤣,  I see what you're up to, stealing my shite style of annoying patter. Well done.

I've seen there is a couple of X posts from down south saying a high 6 figure and 3 year deal has been agreed with Charlton for Edwards. Not sure how credible the source is though.

A high 6 figure seems a bit high IMO but if it were true,  it would be phenomenal business from the club.