Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Club deserve credit for the fan zone last night. Seemed everyone enjoyed it, result aside. I certainly did.

If they can sort out the beer/drinks queuing then it would be even better. Difficult given the limited space though.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Was the fan zone showing the games today? Anybody go along?

Think there was meant to be a food event over this weekend that ended up being canceled, open day aside I think Scotland games will be it for games unless we get into L16 or L8 which would justify keeping things going for the later rounds with other national teams. There's film night coming up also tho.

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Think there was meant to be a food event over this weekend that ended up being canceled, open day aside I think Scotland games will be it for games unless we get into L16 or L8 which would justify keeping things going for the later rounds with other national teams. There's film night coming up also tho.

They're also doing a movie night. They were advertising it last night. 21st June, a kids film first (Thelma The Unicorn) then a football film (The Beautiful Game).

Tickets for it are free but you need to reserve them. Full bar and food options will be there.

https://dunfermlinecityfanzone.com/

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

Scott McMann signs for Ayr. Good singing for them in a position they needed to strengthen. Would've taken him as a replacement for Edwards. 

Agreed, If strapp's Finland deal goes through I'm struggling to think of an adequate replacement for Edwards

Edited by parsforlife

53 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Agreed, If strapp's Finland deal goes through I'm struggling to think of an adequate replacement for Edwards

Cameron Harper on my wishlist and he's off to Carlisle. That's the three most obvious potential options. There's also Tony Gallacher - obviously had a lot hype around him a few years ago which hasn't really come to anything, no idea what sort of level he's at now. 

Edited by par-adise

15 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I'm not even sure how he caught the hype train, he looked rubbish, was very bizarre. 

It was a bit of a mystery to us at the time tbh.

He only really came into our first team because we had lost Luke Leahy that summer and didn't look ready for first team football. Had some decent games, some poor ones. Bearing in mind he was already 18 (where most of our most talented youngsters were breaking through at 16-17) it was a bit of a shock when Liverpool came in for him.

I suspect it was a combination of the reputation of our academy, the fact Liverpool already had a Scottish left back in their first team and that £200k is a tiny amount of money for an EPL club to gamble, rather than Liverpool having genuinely high hopes for him.

I'd have thought with Liverpool's facilities and coaching that he'd have improved a lot over those 4 years but sadly doesnt seem to have been the case. Yet another example of a player that would have been better off staying with their original club to develop rather than chasing the big money 

50 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It was a bit of a mystery to us at the time tbh.

He only really came into our first team because we had lost Luke Leahy that summer and didn't look ready for first team football. Had some decent games, some poor ones. Bearing in mind he was already 18 (where most of our most talented youngsters were breaking through at 16-17) it was a bit of a shock when Liverpool came in for him.

I suspect it was a combination of the reputation of our academy, the fact Liverpool already had a Scottish left back in their first team and that £200k is a tiny amount of money for an EPL club to gamble, rather than Liverpool having genuinely high hopes for him.

I'd have thought with Liverpool's facilities and coaching that he'd have improved a lot over those 4 years but sadly doesnt seem to have been the case. Yet another example of a player that would have been better off staying with their original club to develop rather than chasing the big money 

Great deal for Falkirk tbf. I think if there was a hype train it was as you said, with the reputation of your academy. You seemed to be selling a couple of players a year at least. 

I can only presume that's what our owners hope to replicate, but I'm unsure if it goes hand in hand with a successful first team. 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Yet another example of a player that would have been better off staying with their original club to develop rather than chasing the big money 

Only a Falkirk fan could suggest a teenager should turn down a chance to go to Liverpool to stay with them and job around L1 for a few years. Never change. 

3 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Only a Falkirk fan could suggest a teenager should turn down a chance to go to Liverpool to stay with them and job around L1 for a few years. Never change. 

We were a top end Championship team at that point but you batter in there chap.

And I would argue we were right. He never made it at Liverpool, and another year with us would have a) shown that was likely, or b) let him develop before such a move.