Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Falkirk fan here. Always liked the look of Mcann, thought he was one of your standout players. Clearly a talent. However, I must say that I’m surprised rangers are in for him. It’s not like he’s 18 with time to improve to get into the first team. Is he really that good, or do you think rangers being skint might be a factor?

If they're skint they won't be able to afford his £200,000 a week salary (yes, someone on social media actually said that).

I’ll be double stunned if anyone pays 750K for McCann 

Edited by Wacky
To add that a gers fan at work seems to think this is a real deal. Said that with the right coaching they could make a player good enough for them out of McCann. I think I’ll only be single stunned now.

17 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Rangers interested in Lewis McCann for around £750k. Think we should be holding out for a bit more money, if we’re going to sell one of our top talents. Seems a bit cheap for McCann, particularly since he has such an eye for goal.

IMG_0184.jpeg

Surely no ones actually believing this

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Lewis McCann has all the attributes to be a really good footballer, he just doesn't know how to use them.

I've said it before but he's lacking all the right instincts, leading to poor decisions. I don't want to trash talk him any longer but I'm just not convinced he can kick on to be consistent at this level or above. 

McCann is 100% a confidence player. Even in the League One season you could see once he got going in the latter quarter he was getting goal involvements basically every game. 

I also don't think we play him to his strengths at all though. I could absolutely see him moving away and finding a club that gets a lot more out of him than we managed last season. Obviously not to Rangers for 750K ofc...

I'd give a lot to see him prove the doubters wrong this season though. He'll get more chances for sure so here's hoping there's good things to come.

9 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

McCann is 100% a confidence player. Even in the League One season you could see once he got going in the latter quarter he was getting goal involvements basically every game. 

I also don't think we play him to his strengths at all though. I could absolutely see him moving away and finding a club that gets a lot more out of him than we managed last season. Obviously not to Rangers for 750K ofc...

I'd give a lot to see him prove the doubters wrong this season though. He'll get more chances for sure so here's hoping there's good things to come.

Aye I agree. Part of the problem with our small squad last year was it meant when McCann was out of form, due to his availability we were playing him. We ran him into the ground and his confidence was shot. 

I'll start by saying, McCann is not a laddie so he isn't a young player anymore. He really needs to prove his worth to himself and the team this season. 

He has a tremendous physique, works his socks off and is a strong runner. However, he's not blessed with natural footballing ability, nor instinctive positional sense and there's only so much coaching will improve a player. 

I hope he kicks on, but I'm really not convinced.

I think McCann could be a really good player but is trying too hard. He is so keen to do well that he loses patience, jumping too early when he can easily win the ball if he got his timing right, looks to skin players when he could slow down a bit and use his size and strength to get around them, also if he slows down a bit his balance will improve as I feel he is knocked off the ball a bit too easily for a guy of his size and strength. Again if he slows down a wee bit it will give him time to learn to use footwork to help retain the ball, and to use his strength more. His pace and that incredible engine will always be there ready for when he needs it. 

I’d loan him out to a div 1 team for half a season to help him boost his confidence up a bit and hopefully learn to stop playing like he has to do it all at 100mph. This is only my opinion for what it’s worth.