Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'm absolutely not against a new youth academy, but we have produced quite a few lads over the last decade or so.

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following who have played for us:

- Shaun Byrne

- Jordan White

- Lewis McCann

- Matty Todd

- Paul Allan

- Callum Smith

- Lewis Martin

- Ryan Williamson 

- Ross Millen

- Ryan Goodfellow

- Kerr Young

- Finn Graham

- Lewis Spence

- Cammy Gill

- Allan Smith

- Ryan Thomson

- Sean Murdoch

- Stuart Morrison

- Andy Tod

- Taylor Sutherland

- Jake Sutherland

- Miller Fenton

- Sam Young

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm absolutely not against a new youth academy, but we have produced quite a few lads over the last decade or so.

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following who have played for us:

- Shaun Byrne

- Jordan White

- Lewis McCann

- Matty Todd

- Paul Allan

- Callum Smith

- Lewis Martin

- Ryan Williamson 

- Ross Millen

- Ryan Goodfellow

- Kerr Young

- Finn Graham

- Lewis Spence

- Cammy Gill

- Allan Smith

- Ryan Thomson

- Sean Murdoch

- Stuart Morrison

- Andy Tod

- Taylor Sutherland

- Jake Sutherland

- Miller Fenton

- Sam Young

All good lads but how much money have we made from sales?

6 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

From that list? Pretty sure it's £0

Had a wee read of .net and East End Bounce to try and gauge fan opinions.

I have two conclusions:

- Most fans are unhappy and question the manager and/or the board

- The level of written English on .net is shocking

When you look at our more successful teams over the years, it’s doing simple things well that is key. 

Also, with the exception of the 5-0 win over QotS, McPake hasn’t made our long pitch an advantage. Don’t think it’s any coincidence that the best Pars teams have had two forwards that link together well, supported by width. Stretching teams, cutting the ball back from the byline.. basic stuff but tiring to play against. 

McPake will be out of a job by autumn if he doesn’t get back to basics and get a tune out of this squad. I really don’t think it’s a weak or light as folk make out. It just looks worse trying to play some brand of football that’s only any use in his head. The team looks Potter or Peter Grant side when he could throw the shackles off and put out a perfectly decent, attacking Paton-esque outfit.  

He was allowed to sign KRH yet puts him at wing back. What other sort of business allows a manager to be so wasteful with an asset that’s worth six figures? 

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

From that list? Pretty sure it's £0

The Ryan Thomson attacking a taxi video probably made a few pence from advertising revenue in YouTube though.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Could be a bit of both. Grant and Hughes were very well backed, with Hughes especially getting to sign fucking loads of players. Might be why the board may be more cautious with signings now, plus it probably is a big reason for the club seemingly being so skint.

Hughes was heavily backed because he had to be after Grant had left us in a complete mess. We're going to have to do the same in January, you can already tell. Instead of making relatively modest investment now, we're going to be scrambling around for signings when we're already up shit creek. 

Most worrying for me is that I genuinely think the first XI should be good enough to do something and yet: 

• Mehmet is a liability and has been for over a year
  • Bene looks broken/isn't very good
  • Some players don't seem to know how to play the chosen formation, Fisher especially 
  • KRH looks a shadow of his former self
  • Kane would make a big difference but we appear to have given an injured player a two year contract
  • Almost every player looks pissed off and tired

All of this is on McPake to fix. This group of players look broken and are under performing and when the board starts to address it, McPake will likely be step 1. And I can't say I blame them. It must surely be on their radar after last season and given the increasing concerns about players he's signing, would you let him blow our budget if you suspect you might be changing coaching staff? I'm not convinced I would. 

As I've said before, I do have some sympathy for McPake but I'm increasingly of opinion he's the first thing that needs to change. 

8 hours ago, Well over Par said:

And there's no guarantee that we'll generate any money selling players brought through from Rosyth either... the counter argument is that we will produce players for the first team but we've always done that, or that it will mean we don't have to bring players in but we don't really spend transfer fees historically (at least over the past 10 years or so until Chalmers, Otoo and Ritchie-Hosler?).

The board have said on the record how the accedemy and training facilities plan is hoped to help attract players despite the wage structure they have in place. (Wage tiers based on junior / senior players, all equal blag blah) And that facilities planned are why some of the players we brought in have come.

Well I'd counter that this is also hampering us and why we are so slow to get anyone in.  Whilst some players might like the idea, evidence is starting to show plenty targets we've had don't give a toss.

But enough of that again. We have some decent players in a light squad if played in a system where they are not used out of position. That's what's happening all to fit Mcpakes stubborn ego, and if he doesn't amend that then I agree he needs to be the first thing to change.

On 19/07/2024 at 20:52, Chubbychops said:

It just indefensible now. These owners at out their depth and don't have a clue how to run a football club. CEO needs punted too. Total waste of a big wage.

Put the club up for sale and start again.

You let them in. No point whinging now