Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Breen has had his time injured so perhaps stalled his progress. Like many young players, they may look promising but they may have actually peaked at that point and get no better. 

Not pouring scorn on the medical department or training methods but the amount of players on our books who have constantly picked up injuries is a shambles.

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If it was a one off, freak season you could just write it off, but it's not stopped and has spilled in to this season. 

I've got it down as signing soft, injury-prone, aging players rather than anything to do with training methods. Kane is increasingly fitting the mould and we'll need to see how Wotherspoon holds up (he's was removed very early on Saturday I thought which I took to mean that they want to be very careful). 

Just looking at the current squad, excluding the kids that haven't featured much - 

Mehmet - Injured last season for a decent spell.

Comrie - Injured last season, requiring surgery and is no stranger to the treatment table.

Ngwenya - n/a

Bene - One solid season, one season where he was riddled by multiple injuries which looks to have impacted his overall fitness and ability.

Hammy - picked up multiple injuries last season but doesn't miss much football.

Otoo - Surgery in the summer.

KRH - Was completely riddled last season with multiple injuries 

Chalmers - never injured.

Wighton - knee's like a 70 year old basketball player.

Todd - he's at the hospital that much he's got a blue light discount card (love him though).

McCann - Fairly large injury spells over the last two seasons

Breen - INJURED ALL THE TIME

Fisher - Missed chunks of last season due to multiple injuries.

Wotherspoon - n/a

Kane - seems to be made of crackers

MOH - could be injured, you'd have to ask him... 

Andy Tod Jnr - missed nearly all of last season

Get these jabronis on full fat milk for starters, what is wrong with their bones... 🤣

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Unpopular opinion here perhaps, but I've never rated Breen. League 1 player at best. 

I agree. Never impressed me.

He has been caught out a few times like Livi's goal on Saturday but not necessarily ending with a goal. He scored a few goals in our League 1 season. Think that masked a lot of his deficiencies in defending.

Not a word I particularly use or am familiar with myself although it is often used on the Terrace and online, so the context is usually easily decoded. 

On Breen, I'm not convinced either. Thought he looked decent but not spectacular when on loan at QotS(?) and so wasn't exactly doing cartwheels when he signed but he did OK. Think Fisher looks the better of the two but he's liable to the odd brain fart (like stepping out for too much for the Livi goal) and needs talked through the game a bit much for someone who's going to go to the top.

We have a great captain in Bene but after his injury last season it looks like he’s slowing up a bit. With a back 4 and opposition put a ball through he hasn’t got the pace now against a fast striker.

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It would help if he had confidence in the keeper behind him to mop up any stray through balls.

It all starts from there. Are they even trying to find another? I'm thinking one who isn't 19.

Unless another goalie comes in, we will be pointing to numerous calamities all season that have cost us with this guy, game in game out. 

A steady keeper would be awfy nice.

Edited by Home Truths

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Disagree that we can't play a back four.

I didn’t say we can’t play a back 4. I said that the manager obviously doesn’t think they’re good enough to even be willing to try it. I’ve been crying out for a back 4, but surely the only reason we haven’t done so, is the manager doesn’t think they’re capable of it?

On bene

If we had a good keeper then the defence could hold a higher line and the keeper could be a proper sweeper keeper, starting position well outside the box. 
mehmet is shite with the ball at his feet and won’t come out to take balls on the 6 yard line so that’s the end of that ?

will end up playing deeper meaning too much spaces between the lines for opponents to exploit 

Edited by Well over Par