Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

He's not the first choice keeper for Celtic B, not even second choice. That place belongs to Aidan Rice. And that's in a team humped 3-0 by East Kilbride last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/c3gvyeyz99zt#Line-ups

Maybe he's third choice.

They wouldn't play and cup tie him if they're actively looking to loan him to a Championship club. Plus he's been training with the first team, not the B team, over summer. 

It wouldn't be the most exciting signing or, on paper, what we need. But this is pish trolling. 

4 hours ago, Beachbum said:

He's not the first choice keeper for Celtic B, not even second choice. That place belongs to Aidan Rice. And that's in a team humped 3-0 by East Kilbride last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/c3gvyeyz99zt#Line-ups

Maybe he's third choice.

I’m sure Cook will be along to tell us that whoever we get will have been our first choice just like Ngwenya

Hope to see this get over the line today. Any keeper at this stage is better than prolonging this farce. I wonder if he's been the target all along. If so, probably hasn't put us in a position of strength when it comes to negotiations. 

His age/profile fits the business model and it doesn't feel like he has significant upside at Celtic. Would be a good move for both clubs and the player himself. 

If it goes through, be interesting to see if we've managed to get favourable terms if we want to turn the loan into permanent at end of season (or before). 

1 hour ago, North West said:

If we land this Celtic keeper I'd be surprised for several reasons. 

What reasons? We make multiple loan signings every season.

13 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I’d be stunned 

This worked with Wotherspoon!

"What reasons? We make multiple loan signings every season"

Apart from me maybe being sarcastic with my reply, our recent foray for a loan keeper was shambolic. Our recruitment in general this season hasn't been great either. It's not confidence inspiring imo.

3 hours ago, Well over Par said:

I guarantee you we will be haggling over the split in wages

Why wouldn't they?

Hopefully something can be done but expecting us to go in to Saturday with just one goalie.