Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

😅

You're genuinely saying the club don't have £1000 on hand?

If that were the case wages and bills wouldn't be getting paid and the club would be going in to administration.

No, it just says the club try to protect its cash flow by delaying payments.  Yes if we had fallen behind on a payment plan for £1000 that would be a problem, but it isn't uncommon in business to try delay even the smallest payments. Different if interest started to get applied but that's rare for invoices unless it gets to a point small claims would get involved.

Edited by parsforlife

So now the club has cash flow problems, despite McPake saying that he's trying to sign a keeper? Cash flow problems to such an extent that a payment of £1000 has to be paid in instalments? How then do they afford to the wages of everyone at the club? How will they be able to afford to get the pies etc sorted for Saturday? Because if the club are so desperately skint they can't pay £1000 then they certainly won't be able to pay weekly wages for a start.

Almost comes across like some folk actually enjoy this sort of nonsense and are desperate for it to be true for some reason.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

So now the club has cash flow problems, despite McPake saying that he's trying to sign a keeper? Cash flow problems to such an extent that a payment of £1000 has to be paid in instalments? How then do they afford to the wages of everyone at the club? How will they be able to afford to get the pies etc sorted for Saturday? Because if the club are so desperately skint they can't pay £1000 then they certainly won't be able to pay weekly wages for a start.

Almost comes across like some folk actually enjoy this sort of nonsense and are desperate for it to be true for some reason.

We decide week to week who gets paid. 
Players get paid, staff get paid, any other essential persons get paid. Some may not. 

have a breath and think before you post. What an angry man you are 

1 minute ago, Well over Par said:

Players get paid, staff get paid, any other essential persons get paid. Some may not. 

Don't think we're the only "business" operating in this manner

21 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

My dad heard it from a guy who heard it from a friend so this may well be horse feathers, but supposedly the guy who installed cables at East End Park this summer billed them for £1,000 and the club said they would pay in installments, and he was a bit surprised they couldn't just pay it at once.  Anyone heard similar? 

What utter nonsense.

9 hours ago, Well over Par said:

Ah, now you've decided to try and make out I'm some unreasonable, seething guy going crazy because you don't like what I'm saying.

Definitely not the actions of someone flailing and someone who is quite thick. A very .net tactic too.

Anyway, how do you have such an in depth knowledge of how the board works in terms of payments? Also, why would they not pay £1000 to someone? If they club truly are not able to afford that, and need to use this £1000 elsewhere, then they'll be shutting down pretty soon I imagine. If it was a much bigger sum I could maybe understand this, but not £1000.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, how do you have such an in depth knowledge of how the board works in terms of payments? Also, why would they not pay £1000 to someone? If they club truly are not able to afford that, and need to use this £1000 elsewhere, then they'll be shutting down pretty soon I imagine. If it was a much bigger sum I could maybe understand this, but not £1000.

Exactly, Dunfermline Athletic would never do that... Oh, wait...

11 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Flailing. Nearly spat my corn flakes out. You seem to be angry quite a lot?

That example I gave is from my own company. 

It's possible and I say possible, that the club are prioritising payments?

Just calling someone angry doesn't actually make it so,  no matter how often you scream it. A very Trump tactic and suggests things about you.

It could be possible for but a decent sized football club over £1000? Sincerely doubt it.

17 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Exactly, Dunfermline Athletic would never do that... Oh, wait...

If I had a time machine I'd make much better use of it.

Edited by DA Baracus

I take it there's not been any more rumours or news on signing a goalkeeper or just other players for that matter?

I get the feeling there won't be much in the way of news out of the club this week other than the obligatory buy tickets for Saturday and interview with McPake saying he's seen a reaction from the players in training.

I'm experiencing the same apathy as under Peter Grant which I didn't think I'd have to say again so soon. 

34 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

I take it there's not been any more rumours or news on signing a goalkeeper or just other players for that matter?

I get the feeling there won't be much in the way of news out of the club this week other than the obligatory buy tickets for Saturday and interview with McPake saying he's seen a reaction from the players in training.

I'm experiencing the same apathy as under Peter Grant which I didn't think I'd have to say again so soon. 

Not that I've heard of mate.

Weirdly I'm almost passed the stage of apathy felt under Peter Grant. I actually expected it under him, a decision I publicly criticised at the time so never really bought into it.

I wasn't completely sold when McPake took over but within a few days I warmed up given the fact he'd won the Championship with Dundee and if I'm being honest, I was pretty happy with how L1 went. Last season was poor but we all gave the benefit of the doubt with injuries but I'm already a bit deflated with football this season. I must say, this isn't totally aimed at James McPake. I'd say 25% of my frustration is aimed at him for stubborn tactics and the silly post match rants about club doctors. The other 75% is fully aimed at the CEO and Board. 

I actually thought Andrew Barrowman came across a bit snide in his interview with RaithTV last night, however at least he's out fronting up on club decisions and keeping people updated.

From little specs of information I've been privy too, this isn't a budget issue, it's merely waiting for the right calibre of goalkeeper to become available. However, we're now entering piss taking stage.

I can't say I have no faith in the manager because what we were able to achieve in L1 was good. However, I don't have faith in the players at the moment. I feel we're too similar across the park, everyone's injury prone and both physically and mentally weak. Unfortunately the old defeated in the tunnel attitude has reemerged. Some individually good players but the quality lacks.

Season tickets are bought, I'll be there on Saturday cheering them on but by f*ck it difficult to do at the moment.

Edited by The Toun Clock

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

From little specs of information I've been privy too, this isn't a budget issue, it's merely waiting for the right calibre of goalkeeper to become available. However, we're now entering piss taking stage.

Agreed. This ethos of them being the right type of person and fitting into our fair play ethos is a hindrance and a reason I think we've be so slow and poor in the market.

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

From little specs of information I've been privy too, this isn't a budget issue, it's merely waiting for the right calibre of goalkeeper to become available.

It's not just a goalkeeper that's required though. We need more options in a few positions. Every injury means swapping 2-3 players around because we don't have enough like for like options to make it one change when we get an injury.

Ngwenya being out will probably mean Otoo at left back on Saturday, then Chalmers coming in to replace Otoo. Then we have no back up defensive midfielder because we didn't replace Paul Allan.  If we had a back up left back it would be one change and we are done.

It has to be a budget issue, because you wouldn't run a paper thin squad at this stage of the summer through being picky. They've had months to build the squad, so the waiting for the right player stuff they have peddled doesn't wash, unless their scouting network is as badly run as the rest of the club.

At best now,  I'm hoping we are still going to bring in 4-5 loans. I have a fear that might be 1-2 including the back up keeper. Not nearly enough to cover what we need.

20 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I can't say I have no faith in the manager because what we were able to achieve in L1 was good.

It was good in League 1 because the rest of the teams were shite. Now we're at the other side, our BODs are out of their depth, trying to convince themselves they're onto a successful venture. Looks good on paper with training facilities and academy prospects, aye if you've got the finances like most top English clubs. A paper thin squad is more akin to amateur clubs not our beloved club.