Walking Down The Halbeath Road

57 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

If McPake loses both these games, I don't really see how the board justify keeping him on.

He should be punted if we lose tomorrow. In fact his own professional pride should tell him he’s not got what it takes to make a winning team out of his own signings, and he should walk. 

14 hours ago, North West said:

I'm giving it a miss tomorrow. In fact I'm giving a few games a miss going forward. Lost all interest. 

Incidentally, some puerile patter on this thread, it actually reads like DAFC.net.

That's the spirit. When the going gets tough...

15 hours ago, North West said:

I'm giving it a miss tomorrow. In fact I'm giving a few games a miss going forward. Lost all interest. 

Incidentally, some puerile patter on this thread, it actually reads like DAFC.net.

18 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

That's the spirit. When the going gets tough...

Aye no Falkirk fan ever has thought they'll give a game a miss. 

I'm sure the poster you're trying to put down here will be gutted too to hear about this. They definitely won't enjoy their weekend now.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye no Falkirk fan ever has thought they'll give a game a miss. 

I'm sure the poster you're trying to put down here will be gutted too to hear about this. They definitely won't enjoy their weekend now.

Aye. 

On this note how did you find the Falkirk game at EEP where we lifted the trophy lads? @Syd Puddefoot@Bairn in Exile I had a great day like. 

3 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Still time to sign another few Celtic boys on loan

I'm not McPakes biggest fan at the moment but I can't see how this is a stick you can beat him with. Now that we're in the loan window it's absolutely a plus that McPake had a good relationship with Celtic who evidently seem happy to loan him players. 

33 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

I think you have turned a corner with that fantastic point against high flying Ayr. Good times for you ahead with the master tactician Mcpake.

Still time to sign another few Celtic boys on loan

Like Foggarty and Cooper? Or Kane? Ngwenya? Wotherspoon? 

Oh, it's that one keeper we got on loan from Celtic. Yes, that one signing this season is definitely a pattern.

In saying that, if they have any other decent players I'd be happy to take them. We got Otoo from them who has been a fantastic signing.

22 hours ago, Wacky said:

He should be punted if we lose tomorrow. In fact his own professional pride should tell him he’s not got what it takes to make a winning team out of his own signings, and he should walk. 

Who do you want when McPake does go? Ian Murray seems like the obvious choice, but I think he might hold out for something better. Barry Robson, maybe?

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Who do you want when McPake does go? Ian Murray seems like the obvious choice, but I think he might hold out for something better. Barry Robson, maybe?

Does Murray get much better? It's pretty rare for Championship managers to get poached, the only job I see coming up in that regard is the Airdrie one?

Most jobs that come up at this level tend to be post sackings.

But aye I'd absolutely take Murray. 

Said this before but if McPake is punted I'd say open up the position to applications.

You'll get the usual pish applying but also think you'd be surprised by some of the folk who do.

Case then of setting out what you want and expect from a manager and then interviewing folk to see how they fit in to that.

Or pay the cash and get Petrie.

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

What job would he get that is "better"? I wouldn't take him anyway. The club should be moving mountains to get Petrie when they inevitably launch McPake in to the sea. 

McPake is going no where. I think given the last 2 games and the present situation at the club he'll stay. If he turns things round I've no issue him staying tbh.

Regarding Falkirk, that stammering melt McGlynn will come unstuck, nothing surer. Mark these words.

I'd definitely love for McPake to turn it round and sprint to me at full time in a game to shush me, but I still have my doubts and currently still want him gone.

But he can change my mind and I hope he does.