Walking Down The Halbeath Road

46 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Tod certainly isn't doing enough to justify being anything more than a late sub.  Sutherland maybe has an argument but when he has been given longer in games he hasn't really imposed himself.  

Tod had two decent chances in the ten minutes he was on - one off the bar and then a shot from the rebound that was bundled clear. He also had a header on goal v Ayr. Sutherland has scored goals this season in the League Cup groups... to suggest that they offer less than Wotherspoon and Wighton (how many goals, how many assists have they had this season?) Is a weird take.  The one time Wighton and Wotherspoon got forward on a breakaway the passes were so poor they forced the play wide and the defence got back to clear. 

21 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Tod had two decent chances in the ten minutes he was on - one off the bar and then a shot from the rebound that was bundled clear. He also had a header on goal v Ayr. Sutherland has scored goals this season in the League Cup groups... to suggest that they offer less than Wotherspoon and Wighton (how many goals, how many assists have they had this season?) Is a weird take.  The one time Wighton and Wotherspoon got forward on a breakaway the passes were so poor they forced the play wide and the defence got back to clear. 

The counter that ended poorly was KRH that f**ked it, wighton did his job well getting us up the pitch and played a decent ball in to KRH and wotherspoon made exactly the right run to make the overload and give himself a very good chance of scoring, but KRH made a poor pass and forced him wide.

Tod did reasonably well when he came on, maybe made a wrong decision to go for the rebound on the stretch when he had 2 others running on to it but fair enough. before yesterday he has done f**k all and that include the header last week, he was never going to score with that. 

Sutherland does have an argument for getting on more given those 2 goals but he's not offering too much in general play, indeed I almost forgot he was on the pitch, he's doing ok but he has no right to demand a place in front of a senior pro who has been our top scorer the last 2 years.  

Edited by parsforlife

Sutherland was quiet yesterday. But he came on and started out left wing, then when Tod came on, moved to right wing. Don't think he’s a winger at all, which meant he was pretty poor positionally. When he’s played through the middle, I think he’s offered much more than Wighton, who has been very poor imo. Yesterday in particular, Wighton’s lack of mobility played right into their defenders’ hands. They’d struggled with McCann and Cooper’s running and we should have brought on other guys who could run at the defence in my opinion.

I’m not Wotherspoon’s biggest fan at all, but he’s deservedly ahead of Tod in the pecking order for league games. That being said, Tod looked good yesterday and was unlucky not to have scored. Probably his best brief appearance that I’ve seen.

I’d have definitely brought on Tod and Sutherland ahead of Wighton and Wotherspoon when we were 2-0 up against a league two side.

On a side note, Sam Young looks very composed, given his lack of experience. He’s come up against some physical and experienced strikers recently and not looked out of place at all. In my opinion, he’s earned his starting role ahead of Fisher, Breen and arguably Benedictus. But he will also go through a sticky spell and I’m glad we have those guys ready to step in when he needs a spell on the sidelines.

36 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

On a side note, Sam Young looks very composed, given his lack of experience. He’s come up against some physical and experienced strikers recently and not looked out of place at all. In my opinion, he’s earned his starting role ahead of Fisher, Breen and arguably Benedictus. But he will also go through a sticky spell and I’m glad we have those guys ready to step in when he needs a spell on the sidelines.

Young has been good he could easily keep his place next week, I don't think there's much between him and fisher.

Fogurty is probably the only center back who is a guaranteed starter, captain or not Benedictus hasn't been playing well enough to demand a place anymore and I don't think he should start next week.

He's (Sutherland) also not a wide player, he's a striker. Every time I've seen him near the box, he looks like he has a great instinct for getting shots on goal. 

Some of our more experienced players need to take note of that and take more responsibility. 

16 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Yeah we really need to stop playing players out of position. Some of our best talent aren't performing to their best for this reason. Very frustrating 

We do this cos we haven't built a big enough or balanced enough squad,  Its hard to get a formation that has 11 in their best position, almost impossible once we start using subs.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

McPake saying on COWS  that this guy is training with us. I’d like to see a fresh striker coming in, so here’s hoping 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dapo_Mebude

My mum was saying she'd seen a Pars player up town with the initials DM and I couldn't for the life of me figure out who it was. 

18 hours ago, Wacky said:

McPake saying on COWS  that this guy is training with us. I’d like to see a fresh striker coming in, so here’s hoping 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dapo_Mebude

He trained with Livingston and then us this summer, not sure if anybody else, but so far nobody has offered him anything. I wouldn’t get too excited.

Edited by Enigma

4 hours ago, Home Truths said:

His younger brother DIRE seems a more appropriate signing, somehow.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

He trained with Livingston and then us this summer, not sure if anybody else, but so far nobody has offered him anything. I wouldn’t get too excited.

I know nothing about the guy, but given these two posts he doesn’t sound like a good prospect. So McPake will likely sign him.