Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The way you're speaking it's like nobody is allowed to make fun of their rivals. Or if they do, it's back to the old cliches "rent free", "raging" etc. 

Football is about getting right f**king up others. Something which I hope we continue to do to Rovers and we get back to doing to you mob. 

Exactly my point. You were cheering on our misfortune, so we are important to you in a rivalry sense. Just giving some recent info from the game to the chap who asked the question.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No apologies here. You never specified it was two or three folk, you made out it was the whole support.

You're also trying to peddle the pish 'obsessed' patter. 

No, I simply used "they". Obviously not the whole support, but I bet it was more than 2 or 3.

As it happens, my correspondent was laughing and called it "embarrassing"

40 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No, I simply used "they". Obviously not the whole support, but I bet it was more than 2 or 3.

I was stood 5 seats away from them it was 2 boys shouting about Stenny 😂

54 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No apologies here. You never specified it was two or three folk, you made out it was the whole support.

You're also trying to peddle the pish 'obsessed' patter. 

Go easy on the guy. He’s clearly not the brightest. Coming into a Pars thread right after we’ve played another derby, desperate for our attention… to try and claim we’re the ones obsessed.

8 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Go easy on the guy. He’s clearly not the brightest. Coming into a Pars thread right after we’ve played another derby, desperate for our attention… to try and claim we’re the ones obsessed.

Aye he's had an shocker, poor bloke. 

On 13/09/2024 at 20:02, North Terrace Gazza said:

Genuine question who are your derby rivals? Raith or Falkirk?

Whenever we play any team from Fife I consider it a local derby, with Raith being our biggest local rival. 
For some bizarre reason Falkirk fans like to see games against us as a derby game. For some even more bizarre reason they had a total hatred of us which was only really reciprocated after they disgustingly mocked us for the death of our captain, Norrie. 
I would say that Stenny are Falkirk’s derby game.

Edited by Wacky

On 13/09/2024 at 20:02, North Terrace Gazza said:

Genuine question who are your derby rivals? Raith or Falkirk?

Depends who you ask and it depends on how literally they take the word derby, for some Falkirk isn't considered a derby due to it not being in Fife, but theres not a chance imo that games against East Fife, Cowdenbeath and Kelty mean more just because they are in the same council area. I presume your meaning which game means more? For me it's varied allot through my life, and for allot of it I would've said Falkirk, but it's absolutely Raith now. 

I'm going to sound old and boring, but there's a real nastiness with the Falkirk rivalry that I just can't be arsed with. 

For me, both are derbies. Falkirk is a similar sized place, similar size fanbase and isn't a million miles away. 

Raith are the wee team along the road that occasionally get above their level. 

It's great having all these games, I don't understand the minters that try talk down the importance of them.

Raith Rovers are Fifers so it's a local Derby. Not as detestable as Falkirk, in fact nowhere near it. 

Falkirk are a fierce rivalry for the Pars, nothing more. Their fans are in the main are arseholes and I have yet to meet one who doesn't make some anti-Fifer joke as part of a face to face social interaction. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/5083651/matty-todd-dunfermline-athletic-comeback-collarbone-operation/

Matty Todd get the green light for full contact and could be in the squad for Saturday. Great to have another goal threat added to our options. 

Another bit of good news. Positivity is slowly creeping back in for me now.