Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Having been to a few Junior games, I for one I am delighted I never watched football "back in the day" if it's like what Junior football is, absolute horseshit.

I grumble paying a fiver to pay to get into the game, the standard really is that poor.

You must be really unlucky, I've seen some really entertaining games in the West region, fair enough the quality of the players isn't exactly the best but I'm not expecting world beaters. and all of the junior games I watched last season were better then the SPL games I watched(fair enough, it's a given that they'd be better than Pars games but I'm including SPL games I watched on the TV as well).

Well, except the 4-4 at St.Mirren Park...

Edited by GordieBoy80

Murray is finished IMO although I never really rated him before.

Kerr is not a good passer (except when he set up Kris Boyd in the LC Final) but he is decent at closing players down.

I'd rather trust my own judgement of seeing him over a prolonged period rather than from somebody who hasn't, unless you're an avid watcher of falkirk, dundee utd, aberdeen or, indeed, the pars.

Kerr is not a good passer (except when he set up Kris Boyd in the LC Final) but he is decent at closing players down.

From this line alone, I get the impression that you're either 10 years old, or have been to about 3 football games in your life.

Why would anybody keep Dowie exactly? Good player for the 1st admittedly, but he was behind Keddie a couple seasons ago laugh.gif

Getting a bit worrying though, considering we only have McMillan and Young as confirmed defenders for next year dry.gif

You must be really unlucky, I've seen some really entertaining games in the West region, fair enough the quality of the players isn't exactly the best but I'm not expecting world beaters. and all of the junior games I watched last season were better then the SPL games I watched(fair enough, it's a given that they'd be better than Pars games but I'm including SPL games I watched on the TV as well).

Well, except the 4-4 at St.Mirren Park...

What a load of shite. I would love to see these magical junior football players you speak of.

Why would anybody keep Dowie exactly? Good player for the 1st admittedly, but he was behind Keddie a couple seasons ago laugh.gif

Getting a bit worrying though, considering we only have McMillan and Young as confirmed defenders for next year dry.gif

Dowie was, for the majority of fans, the best defender out of a bad bunch last season and would, and has, done a job at this level.

What a load of shite. I would love to see these magical junior football players you speak of.

I'm sure Gordie was remarking on the entertainment aspect as opposed to technical ability.

For example I've seen lower division games that have been more exciting and entertaining to watch than a lot of top flight games.

Read the full thing properly before posting tripe.

Yeah I read it but you're still claiming that the junior games you watched last season were better than all of the SPL games you watched. Either your idea of a good game of football is different from the majority, or you're the one who is posting tripe.

From this line alone, I get the impression that you're either 10 years old, or have been to about 3 football games in your life.

I must be the same because I've always thought Kerr was useless with the football. In fact, I remember Dundee Utd fans having the same opinion when he was with them.

Good drive and commitment, but not very comfortable on the ball is how I would sum him up.

Perhaps he has developed the technical side of his game? His career does seem to have gone backwards since leaving Dundee Utd though.

Yeah I read it but you're still claiming that the junior games you watched last season were better than all of the SPL games you watched. Either your idea of a good game of football is different from the majority, or you're the one who is posting tripe.

Larbert Par was spot on with what he said.

Larbert Par was spot on with what he said.

I think we're getting "entertainment" confused with "quality". Entertainment-wise, then sure, but in terms of quality surely there is no comparison between junior football and SPL football.

I think we're getting "entertainment" confused with "quality". Entertainment-wise, then sure, but in terms of quality surely there is no comparison between junior football and SPL football.

You've just proven that you didn't read my comment properly, go back and read the sentence where I used the word quality.

Any opinions on what could be a likely team for Saturday? I don't want to make any guesses because I have no idea on how good the new guys are compared to the remaining players from last season.

And how is what happened a couple of seasons ago relevant? surely the fact that Dowie was a far superior player to Keddie last year in the SPL be a more relevant point?

What about the two under 19 defenders? from what I've heard they are looking very good.