Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I must've imagined Chris Smith in our 1st division team last time.

Just proves how utterly shit Cowdenbeath are that they could manage a paltry one goal against us in 340 minutes of football which included Keddie, Smith and McCann.

Those players were fairly comfortable in the first division for most games. There were obvious exceptions, such as the infamous Morton game at East End, and of course the occasional Chris Sieve howler.

Back so soon?

Yeah. Given your alarming drop in form, going from title contenders in 10/11 to playoff contenders in 11/12, we thought it prudent to play pish in the SPL and drop back down and give the Fife economy a boost.

Will Gallacher be fit for the start of the season?

F***ing hell. The fans have often over the past few years moaned that the club don't listen to them, yet when they put the opportunity out there for fans to give them some ideas, they seem to be caned for it by some.

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Some of the ideas are somewhat ridiculous but it is heartening to see that they actually want fans' opinions although I'm somewhat sceptical that they'll listen to the fans.

More on Kevin Kyle, we've spoken to him along with Hibs but he seems to holding out for a move to newco so he can f**k off to them as far as I'm concerned

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18564679?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

Wow, that is embarrassing. Watching the Pars has changed so, so much since 1997. Can't begin to imagine what it's like for some of the older fans. Changed times indeed.

The digital canvas idea is silly. Playing the sound from the norrie in the NW could work ok so long as it was very much in a background with the 'organic' noise from the norrie being very much dominant. basically, anything pre-recorded is a no no, and the speaker level needs to be set by a pro who understands the principles of reenforcement.

Canvassing opinion on catering is a good move by the club, same with the supporters wall and cross-bar challenge. These are ideas brought by fans that are now being supported by the club and taken to the wider support.

Positives first; it's really good that the club is really thinking about new ideas to improve the match day experience as well as raising extra cash for the club. I like the idea of the tiles at the old turnstiles. The crossbar challenge would also be a nice, simple thing that might be a bit of fun. I also think they should put up iconic Pars pictures outside the ground outside the Main Stand i.e. my avatar, Hardie celebrating the free kick against the Rovers etc.

This is all good and to those who complain that the club don't listen, if you don't respond to this survey and keep moaning then you can go raffle yourself as far as I'm concerned.

However...the piping in noise and crowd projected onto canvas is such a horrible, cringeworthy idea that it actually makes my skin crawl. It is completely embarrassing and any abuse we would get would be completely justified. I appreciate the effort and the fresh ideas but that is a total non-starter and hopefully can get chucked into the wastepaper basket pronto.

Positives first; it's really good that the club is really thinking about new ideas to improve the match day experience as well as raising extra cash for the club. I like the idea of the tiles at the old turnstiles. The crossbar challenge would also be a nice, simple thing that might be a bit of fun. I also think they should put up iconic Pars pictures outside the ground outside the Main Stand i.e. my avatar, Hardie celebrating the free kick against the Rovers etc.

This is all good and to those who complain that the club don't listen, if you don't respond to this survey and keep moaning then you can go raffle yourself as far as I'm concerned.

However...the piping in noise and crowd projected onto canvas is such a horrible, cringeworthy idea that it actually makes my skin crawl. It is completely embarrassing and any abuse we would get would be completely justified. I appreciate the effort and the fresh ideas but that is a total non-starter and hopefully can get chucked into the wastepaper basket pronto.

Aye, I agree, Poet, a la the iconic pictures outside the ground. Would also like to suggest the picture of Roy Barry hogging the Scottish Cup away from 'The Caeser', as seen on my P+B profile picture. It's those little things that can restore a sense of community with us Pars fans. As a side note, how many Dunfermline fans do we actually reckon stay in Dunfermline, or Fife in general? Would reckon it would be quite a welcoming figure, but too many people are driven away from the game now, and who can really blame them...

F***ing hell. The fans have often over the past few years moaned that the club don't listen to them, yet when they put the opportunity out there for fans to give them some ideas, they seem to be caned for it by some.

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Perhaps because some of the ideas in there are shite?

Piping noise....projection crowds...for fucks sake

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not suggesting all the ideas are absolutely fantastic - the whole digital images in the NW and sound piping in their don't get my vote as I'd simply want the stand back open for the fans who have sat / want to sit there - but at least they're actually beginning to try.

A lot of the support have, and probably justifiably so, moaned that the club were almost like a closed shop in regards to listening to the fans and their ideas. This is at least in the step in the right direction so I think they should get some praise for it.

FWIW, I like the idea of the supporters wall, hopefully incorporting the existing wall that was for the old turnstiles. Would make it look much better and even though I've already got a brick in the original wall in the Norrie, I'd definitely get one there too.