Walking Down The Halbeath Road

We probably will not get compensation next year,

7. ENTITLEMENT TO COMPENSATION

7.1 Professional Player

7.1.1 Upon expiry of his agreement a Professional Player shall be free to conclude a new

agreement with any Club, which wishes to engage his services providing this is during

one of the Registration Periods or special dispensation has been granted in accordance

with Rule 1.4. Following upon expiry of such agreement any rights to a compensation

fee by his previous Club shall lapse at the end of the Season in which the Player reaches

the age of 23.

But that doesn't mean 50k provides any value to us.

Edit - its pretty obvious this is all hypothetical anyway as its highly unlikely he'll be sold tonight. Lets have have this discussion again in January.

Edited by parsforlife

Correct. the day after his 23rd birthday its game over.

Won't he be a free agent at the end of the season and can sign for anyone then with no compensation or fee as his 23rd birthday is during this season?

Turns out I didn't know the full ins and outs of that!

I still think his value to Dunfermline outweighs his "actual" value. We'll see though, either way I can't see him going for 50k.

I still think his value to Dunfermline outweighs his "actual" value. We'll see though, either way I can't see him going for 50k.

Yes the trade off for Dunfermline is to keep him and hopefully greatly increase your promotion chances (more than £50k say would). Unlikely that anyone will pay a big fee when they know that at end of season he can be signed for nothing without any need to pay a fee or compensation or a development fee.

Chances are we'd get not much less than 50k in compo at the end of the season, so why would we accept 50k now?

As has already been mentioned we're not perilously short of cash so we don't need that 50k now.

Also keeping in mind that he's proving to be a reasonably key figure this season.

His figure to us outweighs his actual "worth".

For us to consider I'd imagine the board would want more than what they'd get via a tribunal, probably a sum verging on six figures with sell ons.

I already gave a valuation along with reasons as to why he wouldn't go for 50k, hth.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He's scored 14 goals in 42 appearances, he's out of contract at the end of the season and at almost 23 he's not exactly a prospect

Still worth waaaaaaay more than £50K though.......

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

He's scored 14 goals in 42 appearances, he's out of contract at the end of the season and at almost 23 he's not exactly a prospect

Still worth waaaaaaay more than £50K though.......

To Dunfermline he is yes, that's why I said "His value to Dunfermline outweighs his actual value".

You probably missed that bit laughing hysterically with all those " :lol: " faces, I'll let you away this time.

To Dunfermline he is yes, that's why I said "His value to Dunfermline outweighs his actual value".

You probably missed that bit laughing hysterically with all those " :lol: " faces, I'll let you away this time.

I did get the part where you made a total c*nt of yourself though..... :lol::lol::lol:

When I say 250k I mean that's the kind of revenue we would lose from not getting promoted. No point selling your car when you're miles from home

Quality attempt at backtracking after the dawning realization that you too had made a c*nt of it.

I don't think there will be an offer but if there is and it's £50k then Dunfy will accept it. Foolish not to IMO.