Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Big Nat must be infuriating for opposing teams, he isn't that quick, not as mobile as many would like but, 9 times out of 10 he turns up in the right place at the right time, and takes the ball off the attacking team with ease. When two or three opposing players try to surround him in the vain hope of winning the ball back, Nat simply eases them out the way, does a wee "triple toe loop" or "double back axle" to skip past them gracefully like a ballet dancer. 
Folks like that bairn above have only seen him on an off day. When they see half their team surrounding him and fail to get the ball, that's when they'll be silenced. 

Genuinely, I can't wait to see Wedderburn against Falkirk this season. He appears as slow as f**k and with the increased pace and mobility of the Falkirk midfield and front players compared to last season, I fail to see how he's going to dominate us.

I love how Falkirk have embraced finishing second and getting pumped every year in the playoffs and view it as tangible success. With their manager off the Jim Jefferies production line of moronic coaches at least there's no danger of them improving in that any time soon.

I love how Falkirk have embraced finishing second and getting pumped every year in the playoffs and view it as tangible success. With their manager off the Jim Jefferies production line of moronic coaches at least there's no danger of them improving in that any time soon.

'Embracing finishing second as success', have you read our thread the last few weeks?

Genuinely, I can't wait to see Wedderburn against Falkirk this season. He appears as slow as f**k and with the increased pace and mobility of the Falkirk midfield and front players compared to last season, I fail to see how he's going to dominate us.

In all seriousness, Nat has had some great performances for us. However, he's at this level for a reason. Other than M'Voto, he is probably the slowest player in the league. That's not an issue against certain teams, but has been against Falkirk. Falkirk's midfield easily overran him last season and that resulted in Sibbald getting the freedom of the park. We definitely need a 'plan B' against Falkirk this year.

In all seriousness, Nat has had some great performances for us. However, he's at this level for a reason. Other than M'Voto, he is probably the slowest player in the league. That's not an issue against certain teams, but has been against Falkirk. Falkirk's midfield easily overran him last season and that resulted in Sibbald getting the freedom of the park. We definitely need a 'plan B' against Falkirk this year.

Clearly it wasn't a pace issue though. Our midfield wasn't exactly blessed with speed. We probably won't have Sibbald's silky touches in the middle of the park this season unless he re-signs, but assuming we don't adopt last year's plan to play Kerr in the middle of the park there's a genuine difference in pace and positive attacking so far this season and which was very noticeable yesterday.

I have to say I didn't see Wedderburn's skills in any of the Falkirk fixtures last season and I appreciate you haven't either, but there are some who thought he was dominant for periods against us. I can't see how they came to that conclusion at all.

He did look like he could do with losing some bulk though.

, but has been against Falkirk. Falkirk's midfield easily overran him last season and that resulted in Sibbald getting the freedom of the park. We definitely need a 'plan B' against Falkirk this year.

In the games at TFS definitely, however he was dominant in the game at EEP while in midfield with Sibbald being absolutely anonymous, it wasn't until Nat went into CB that Sibbald put in a great cross for the Falkirk goal.

Nat in general seems to play worse on plastic pitches.