Breaking Bad

Kejan

TRS made about 25 predictions and was correct on about two on them :lol:

Well.... if you think about it, Hank kind of did kill himself.. with his own pride... wanting to be the one man to take down Heisenberg... umm.. yeah... suicide, in my opinion.

It says a lot about the show that it generated such discussion and predictions. I have watched many other series and none have had a similar effect on me. The producers cottoned on to the fact that people would analyse, and perhaps over-analyse, certain things and they definitely put a few red herrings in there on purpose. Funnily enough, the only episode which went almost totally the way I expected was the final episode. But I had been used to witnessing the unexpected in previous episodes, so even the predictability of the finale surprised me a bit. Fantastic show.

As for Walt's death, I think it was pretty poignant. He jumped on Jesse in an attempt to protect him, and killed himself by saving his friend's life. Jesse, in turn, spared Walt when he held a gun up to his head. The little nod they shared at the end was a nice touch. It wasn't overly done. Jesse admired Walt, I think. Maybe he didn't like him (probably hated him) but he admired him nonetheless.

I think Walt's dialogue in his final scene with Skyler showed that he wasn't expecting to come out of the scenario alive.

As for Walt's death, I think it was pretty poignant. He jumped on Jesse in an attempt to protect him, and killed himself by saving his friend's life. Jesse, in turn, spared Walt when he held a gun up to his head.

i dont think it was jessie sparing walts life as such, it was more jessie finally breaking free from walts control over him and refusing to do as walter wanted

I don't know so much. It looked like Jesse couldn't quite face pulling the trigger, especially when he noticed that Walt was bleeding from the abdomen and likely to die anyway. Where was Walt likely to go for treatment? He couldn't have so he was just going to bleed to death without Jesse having to add to his own personal body count.

I don't know so much. It looked like Jesse couldn't quite face pulling the trigger, especially when he noticed that Walt was bleeding from the abdomen and likely to die anyway. Where was Walt likely to go for treatment? He couldn't have so he was just going to bleed to death without Jesse having to add to his own personal body count.

I read into it more as spite from Jesse wanting Walter to suffer rather than five him the satisfaction of putting him out his misery.

Jesse really didn't cope well with blood on his hands. He was even overwhelmed by guilt over a murder Todd (Meth Damon - that is absolute genius! ) committed. There was no way he was about to do it again, even with the knowledge of what Walt had done.

I liked Hank until the point where he got shot, he turned into a pube after that

Skyler was always a bitch

Walt Jr. (Flynn..ugh) has always beena wee sh*te I f*cking hated him

Mike and Saul were f*cking excellent thoughout

I loved Jessie throughout, especially when he was working with Mike

I both loved and hated Walt

Aye, Hank became an annoying little fartface, was glad when he finally succumbed.

Skyler I took a liking to somewhere in the last two seasons after seasons of wishing she would stfu. Junior faded into 'mah son!' symbology early in the series. Kinda pointless character otherwise.

Walt (who I loved and backed unconditionally throughout), Jesse, Mike, Gus and the wheelchairy dude the most interesting characters, in that order. Todd's descent from The Idiot with Connections into increasingly severe and brutal amorality was disturbing but brilliantly done.

Edited by banana

Dear Mister Cranston.
I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.

My mates have been going on about this lately. I watched the first episode tonight. Class :thumsup2

So over the next few weeks I'm going breaking bad crazy and I'll watch all the episodes online on my iPhone. I'll report back when I've finished the last episode :D

Edited by Killiesquirrel

Or her randomly selling shit on ebay.

I still don't really understand why Walter didn't go back to his teaching job full time when he went in to remission. How was he signed off?

He was "on sabbatical" after an awkward attempt at copping off with his boss. I think that was just after he found out about Skyler and Ted. By then he'd had a taste of being the bad guy and loved it.

My mates have been going on about this lately. I watched the first episode tonight. Class :thumsup2

So over the next few weeks I'm going breaking bad crazy and I'll watch all the episodes online on my iPhone. I'll report back when I've finished the last episode :D

Fakkin 'ell chief, you'll be missing out on the brilliant cinematography.

He was "on sabbatical" after an awkward attempt at copping off with his boss. I think that was just after he found out about Skyler and Ted. By then he'd had a taste of being the bad guy and loved it.

And then he went and bought the two flash cars for himself and Flynn without having any legal income at that time That happened a few weeks after Skyler made him take the muscle car back for the very same reason.

Then we could ask how Jesse could explain how he got the money to buy his aunt's house. Surely his parents would have questioned that? Again, he never had a legal means of income throughout the duration of the show.

Minor points though in the grand scheme of things and something I didn't even think about until a few days after I had finished watching the last episode.

Watching it through again and I'm on season 3. It's simply outstanding and much better on the second watch.

I've been doing the same & watching it over again when I have time to kill. On season 4 atm. It's amazing the scenes I had completely forgotten about. The series is a work of genius.