I know it's Meltzer, but he reckons the NXT UK wrestlers are only making about £16K a year. I'm sure I also read that BT Sport are very happy with NXT UK, so that must help keep them going.

Looking at the current NXT UK roster, I would say maybe Dragunov or Bea Priestley are the only ones who might have a chance with the WWE in the States? (assuming WALTER has now moved over there)

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

2 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I don't agree with AEW just picking up WWE'S leftovers but they should be reaching out to Regal, great worker and a great wrestling mind 

With how they've picked up some BTS talents it wouldn't shock me at all. It's absolutely the type of signing they should be making.

Talent starting to go now too, including Tim Thatcher. 
WWE being sneaky with the 'no talent being fired' bit by firing talent who have been exclusively doing coaching at the PC while off TV in Thatcher & Burch's cases or while on TV but not wrestling in Suzuki's case.

Insane to let someone of Regal's talent, knowledge and scouting ability go. Even more so, when you think of the WWE's new development approach of hiring models and college athletes. Would there be anyone better to teach them the basics than Regal?

His kayfabe commentary from 2014-15 still cracks me up. Insisting week after week that Tyler Breeze had specially told him to inform the audience that his boots were made especially from shit like endangered llama fur.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that it's a case of WWE letting him go, or something more mutual, or even the likes of Regal wanting to go? None of it looks good from WWE's perspective really, whatever happened.  Either they let someone like that go, or they didn't do enough to keep them.  A lot of their releases seem to be a bit mean-spirited at worst, but this is a genuinely baffling one.  There's so many roles you could put someone like him into and he'd excel.  Can only assume that if it was a WWE decision, he's on a fairly decent sum and they're desperately asset stripping. 

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Considering how it went you wonder how much he regrets signing on for NXT. His original 90 days would have seen him able to debut when AEW started touring again. 

In a way, it might’ve worked out better for him (if he still goes) as he’d probably get lost in the shuffle a bit like everyone else did with Bryan, Punk & Cole. Him turning up in March or April would feel even bigger now.

12 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

In a way, it might’ve worked out better for him (if he still goes) as he’d probably get lost in the shuffle a bit like everyone else did with Bryan, Punk & Cole. Him turning up in March or April would feel even bigger now.

I feel the opposite. Getting in ahead of Punk, Danielson, and Cole would have given him a solid spot once they came along. Now he'd be crowded out. Not to mention Gargano and Keith Lee might be coming in.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I feel the opposite. Getting in ahead of Punk, Danielson, and Cole would have given him a solid spot once they came along. Now he'd be crowded out. Not to mention Gargano and Keith Lee might be coming in.

I think assuming they use him correctly though, he’s still a massive deal. Him vs Punk & Danielson could still easily be marquee matches on PPVs imo, even if he isn’t the worker he used to be. And that’s before you throw in all the other guys he hasn’t faced or came up against in over a decade.

• 2 weeks later...

WALTER has gone through the dreaded name change.  This one is a doozy. 

His name is now Gunther. And if you read into the trademarks WWE filed this week, it will be Gunther Stark.

In what I'm sure is just a coincidence,  Gunther Stark was a senior Nazi U-Boat captain in WWII. But I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding.  :lol:

Thing is, I actually expect it was a misunderstanding, which is almost worse.  I expect they'll all be sat in the writers room, and told they need to come up with a "German sounding name" ("Isn't he Austrian?"/"Shut the f**k up you fucking nerd").  Gunther Stark sounds like a good one, great, lunchtime.

Same as "The Submission Sorority", they just don't seem to think it through.  I could be wrong, I just can't see them doing something that would probably see them getting into a bit of legal trouble if they ever fancied going to Germany ever again.