Well , The turkeys voted for Christmas after all

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the next club to have financial difficulties will be....

In NO specific order...

Dundee United..

Kilmarnock..

Aberdeen...

Motherwell.

Makes you proud to stand back and pat yourselves on the back and say, yip , WE did that!

Merry Xmas.

Now I'v had more time to think about it

Hearts and StMirren wont be far away from difficulties.

StJohnston are a very prudent club, they wont have the same difficulties but will have to cut their costs here and there. They will be hoping for a mild winter so that they do not get caught out not switching on the USH. They will not financially struggle but will find their own level again in the top 5 of Div 1

qa6.gif

I'll never understand that point of view. It's football. It's a sport. We need the teams that deserve to be in the top flight in the top flight: Celtic, Dundee Utd, ICT, Aberdeen, Hamilton, Dundee, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Partick Thistle, Ross County, St Johnstone and Motherwell. They are all here because they deserve to be here. End of story.

That's being very generous to St. Mirren IMO.

Exactly. If those three clubs weren't financial basket cases/plain shite then they would be in the top league.

That's true but it doesn't really matter now because one of those clubs will be back in six months time anyway. 8)

Fuckin hell, he cant help himself, even when the last few seasons point to that being bollocks, and the weight of public opinion shows Scottish football fans disagree with him. What an utter fud.

That he's more concerned with what 'the eyes of Europe' think of Scottish football than the actual fans that go to games speaks volumes.

That he's more concerned with what 'the eyes of Europe' think of Scottish football than the actual fans that go to games speaks volumes.

Aye, the (implied) focus is entirely on the marketing potential of the top flight, which they have made an utterly brutal job of.

Nowhere does he concede that the fans of clubs in the top flight, or the footballing ability of clubs to reach the top flight, is important.

He is such a c**t. Must be approaching Doncaster and Reagan levels of cuntosity by now.

Aye, the (implied) focus is entirely on the marketing potential of the top flight, which they have made an utterly brutal job of.

Nowhere does he concede that the fans of clubs in the top flight, or the footballing ability of clubs to reach the top flight, is important.

He is such a c**t. Must be approaching Doncaster and Reagan levels of cuntosity by now.

I'd say Campbell Ogilvie's ahead of him in the chase to reach the Doncaster/Regan level. Sadly Milne wont be alone amongst our Chairmen with such views. Hopefully he'll gain a bit of credibility by not blocking any attempt to ditch the 11-1 this year. Mind you, we may well have at least another years grace with that one needing to go!

I'd say Campbell Ogilvie's ahead of him in the chase to reach the Doncaster/Regan level. Sadly Milne wont be alone amongst our Chairmen with such views. Hopefully he'll gain a bit of credibility by not blocking any attempt to ditch the 11-1 this year. Mind you, we may well have at least another years grace with that one needing to go!

Ooft! Ogilvie, good shout. There's likely a few Chairmen who share Milne's opinion, they don't seem to have the arrogance to come out and state it as fact though, unlike Milne who's been 'verge on tears' with it. Which was good. Salt-tinged wetness from a c**t can be good (in a tenuous lady-euphemism way, not in a 'Stewart Milne cumming in your face way', that'd be horrendous).

Oh! Aye, avoiding the temptation to vote through 11-1 again would be a good thing! Hopefully thats there to stay for a while yet...

The shite that StephanieBarr came out with is nothing compared to the media. They had Killie gone in a few days.

I thought 5 were going into admin in two months? (Possibly one month.)

:lol:

This is my favourite post of this thread.

Paulo slating an alias :lol:

Erm, I only ever made "aliases" because I was wrongly banned/suspended. Even then I never hid the fact it was me. Nor did I start shite troll threads like this.

Nae joy, Lex.

You have given me a new favourite word :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30491329

"Without any doubt, none of us want to see three of our biggest clubs not being in the top league," he said.

"We all want to see them back as quickly as possible."

"We talk the game down far too much in Scotland," Milne told BBC Scotland.

"We've gone through a very challenging period and by and large the clubs have responded, we've brought the restructure into the Scottish game.

"I think the game in Scotland is probably in a better position now, or has the potential to be in a much better position going forward

For comparison, anyone got Milne's quotes when Gilmour/McGregor vetoed 12-12 > 8-8-8?

• 4 weeks later...

In NO specific order...

Dundee United..

Kilmarnock..

Aberdeen...

Motherwell.

Makes you proud to stand back and pat yourselves on the back and say, yip , WE did that!

Merry Xmas.

StJohnston are a very prudent club, they wont have the same difficulties but will have to cut their costs here and there. They will be hoping for a mild winter so that they do not get caught out not switching on the USH. They will not financially struggle but will find their own level again in the top 5 of Div 1

debt free :lol:

I also like the bit where he singles out Saints there to cut their cloth and end up back in the lower leagues.

Top 6 and they win the Scottish Cup :lol:

Debt free :D

In NO specific order...

Dundee United..

Kilmarnock..

Aberdeen...

Motherwell.

Merry Xmas.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived