Last Book You Read....

H_B

Finished Angels by Marian Keyes last night.

Really enjoyed it. Thought it was touchingly written in some areas and got the feelings and emotions spot on.

8/10

finished my latest collection of 3 for 2 books.....

A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Black Pencil was read in about a day. Full of nostalgia, as I read it, all the events were taking place at my own school, such were many of the little touches so similar and personal to my own experience.

Ice Trap by Kitty Sewell - fairly dull tale of a man forced to return to an Alaskan town he once spent a year working in when a colleague claims he has fathered her twins 14 years previously even though he believes it must be impossible. Predictable.

Digging to America by Anne Tyler - a delightful wee story of 2 Korean girls who are adopted by 2 very different American families. Funny and touching.

Just read "Thunderball" a fantastic read, forget about the film and sharks with lasers on their heads the book is so different. It starts with Bond hung over and coughing up half a lung from smoking too much, It made him believable and i was hooked.

I'm currently reading What Girls Learn by Karin Cook. It's been excellent so far. I'll report back when I've finished.

Finished this now. What an utterly fantastic book. 10/10

Glad you enjoyed it Debbie, I should have some more books listed in the next couple of weeks, I've got a big pile waiting to get listed but still no broadband at my new house and can't be bothered having to go to my parents house every couple of days to check.

finished my latest collection of 3 for 2 books.....

Digging to America by Anne Tyler - a delightful wee story of 2 Korean girls who are adopted by 2 very different American families. Funny and touching.

I've bought that for one of my holiday reads - only two weeks til I go :D

Guest tomas_glasgow

littlejohns britain by richard littlejohn

an intresting book and funny book but l wasn't rocked to my core by it.He was preaching to the covert with the book for me.I really enjoyed however .It would had more of an impact if l was a left wing guardian reader who's eyes were shut.

Has anyone read any of Mo Hayders stuff?

ive read her first three Birdman,The treatment and Tokyo.

Her new one (pig island)is set on a scottish island.

has anyone read it yet?

she is gorgeous too!

I read Tokyo last year and thought it was superb. Pig Island was a bit of a let-down by comparison, unfortunately. Still romped through it, though. High quease factor, natch. :green

Best thing I've read this year is "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon. It's about the golden age of American comic books, the era of Joel and Shuster, Jack Kirby, Stan Lee etc. Anybody with an interest in comics would love it.

Amazon listing

Guest Caleyking
Just read "Thunderball" a fantastic read, forget about the film and sharks with lasers on their heads the book is so different. It starts with Bond hung over and coughing up half a lung from smoking too much, It made him believable and i was hooked.

I'm reading Moonraker and finished Live and Let Die last month. Cracking and no shitey gadgets or overblown jumping into crashing planes in sight. Really enjoying them.

'Mon The Fleming.

littlejohns britain by richard littlejohn

an intresting book and funny book but l wasn't rocked to my core by it.He was preaching to the covert with the book for me.I really enjoyed however .It would had more of an impact if l was a left wing guardian reader who's eyes were shut.

Was it written in crayon?

Best thing I've read this year is "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon. It's about the golden age of American comic books, the era of Joel and Shuster, Jack Kirby, Stan Lee etc. Anybody with an interest in comics would love it.

Amazon listing

I bought that a wee while ago but haven't got round to reading it yet. Keep hearing good things about it though.

There's an article on Michael Chabon in this months issue of The Word magazine.

No, Pretty poor fishing attempt by the way

I know, but at least you have recognised it as such.

That may be an attempt to con us into believing you can read though.

Guest tomas_glasgow
I know, but at least you have recognised it as such.

That may be an attempt to con us into believing you can read though.

Since l've polished off four books this week(2 Downloaded online in pdf format) .l'd say l am a good reader.Saying l am a crap reader is not going to get me to bite .Only something outrageous like nelson madela is a nice guy,Europe isn't going to civil war or pressely is good enough for scotland Would but if you did. It would be easy to see your fishing.Your wasting your time .You've never be able to annoy me(l suspect you'll take a pop at my poor spelling and then go for someone esle ).

Since l've polished off four books this week(2 Downloaded online in pdf format) .l'd say l am a good reader.Saying l am a crap reader is not going to get me to bite .Only something outrageous like nelson madela is a nice guy,Europe isn't going to civil war or pressely is good enough for scotland Would but if you did. It would be easy to see your fishing.Your wasting your time .You've never be able to annoy me(l suspect you'll take a pop at my poor spelling and then go for someone esle ).

Being from Stranraer, the very fact you can read probably means you run the place.

The LA Diaries - James Brown. A story about a guy's life with addiction to drink and drugs, his brother and sister killed themselves with alcohol.

It was pretty short, only 200 pages, and quite depressing 5/10.