Last Book You Read....

H_B

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Lots of people sneer at Friends but I watched through the whole series last quarter and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Chandler was and remains my favourite character. 

I started watching it again after Matthew Perry died and even the earlier seasons were much funnier than I remember them being.

Pizza Girl by Jean Kyoung Frazier.

A really well written story about a broken young pizza delivery girl with an unhealthy obsessive streak she's worried she's inherited from her alcoholic father. Really nuanced and never shies away from the hard stuff. Very good.

Apologies if this book has been mentioned before.

Just finished reading :

IMG_5977.jpeg.4c997d643d69ccbcbcfa5cb2ee498dc7.jpeg

An unbelievable book. There is planned to be a screenplay about this story.

Incredible insight into the how a young lad came to live with Brian Clough and his family for many years. 

Another book I finished last week was :

IMG_5978.thumb.jpeg.e1717e8c9aeb9172e152ece8be25c44e.jpeg

Some incredible “sliding doors” moments about how he met Ronnie, Mac and Steve Marriott.

One of my pals played in Ronnie’s band Slim Chance after he left The Faces so these back stories are things I can share with him. 

Kenney is still trying to figure out where all the money from the Small Faces went…… 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Apologies if this book has been mentioned before.

Just finished reading :

IMG_5977.jpeg.4c997d643d69ccbcbcfa5cb2ee498dc7.jpeg

An unbelievable book. There is planned to be a screenplay about this story.

Incredible insight into the how a young lad came to live with Brian Clough and his family for many years. 

Didn't he end up stealing from them and getting kicked out?

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Didn't he end up stealing from them and getting kicked out?

Yeah. Pretty much. It’s a complex story.

Rather difficult to read at times knowing the end “result” but nonetheless very interesting.

You certainly find out more about one of footballs most interesting and unique players and manager in Brian Clough and his family. 

The Clough family were incredibly kind to this guy and his family members. 

To think that this young lad from the age of 11 was involved regularly in the dressing room and in the dugout of one of the greatest club sides in the history of British football is beyond belief. He stayed for long periods at the home of Mr & Mrs Clough and his family. 

There was an episode on Under the Cosh podcast which does cover the story well. 

Not sure whether this should be in a different thread. Apologies if so. But it’s still a book I guess and worth checking out. I listen to many audiobooks and podcasts as I’m out walking the dog.

Just finished listening to audiobook read by AC/DC front man Brian Johnson. 

Really enjoyed it. Covered his background really well in the lead up to joining AC/DC after the sad demise of Bon. Unfortunately it only covered the Back in Back album in any detail then just had a few bits about him having to depart the band and the unfortunate death of Malcolm. 

Brian reads his story really well. Thoroughly enjoyable listen. 

IMG_6025.thumb.jpeg.9cb0fdbef2de9e129d72cc6da938a35b.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Molotov said:

@scottsdad

Not sure if you have read this or listened to it but this is my next listen on Spotify audiobooks. 

If I was a gambling man I’d say you have and it’s probably a good one!

IMG_6023.thumb.jpeg.11e6c905db81b9fd1c333cfcabd9186a.jpegIMG_6024.thumb.jpeg.73c53131fe9b929c5ff2b738f3345d50.jpeg

Not yet, its on my list!

21 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Audiobooks definitely count for this thread. They account for about half my reading.

Excellent.
Well if that's the case there will be many more additions from me. I enjoy reading late at night but listen throughout the day to either audiobooks, music or podcasts. 

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Excellent.
Well if that's the case there will be many more additions from me. I enjoy reading late at night but listen throughout the day to either audiobooks, music or podcasts. 

That's pretty much my pattern as well. Either got music or an audiobook on in the car, read in bed most nights. 

A great audiobook I listened to around this time last year was:

IMG_6026.thumb.jpeg.a0fa92dea55dd5a82e20fe49e6fa2a0d.jpeg

Again superb. Much prefer the author reads their own books. Very good listen. Very emotional regards losing both of his best pals. I’m sure you must have listened to this @Craig fae the Vale

I reckon I will revisit this in the next few weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Again superb. Much prefer the author reads their own books. Very good listen. Very emotional regards losing both of his best pals. I’m sure you must have listened to this @Craig fae the Vale

I have indeed. It was excellent. Did the audio too, superb.

35 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Read this a while ago too. I read this at about the same time as Don Felder's "Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles" .

Long story short, if you like this book you'll like Felders even more. 

4 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

For Whom the Bell Tolls. Second attempt.  Gave up about half way through a few years ago but it really connected with me this time and in the end one of the best things I've read. 

I gave up on it a few years ago as well. 

Das Reboot - How German football reinvented itself.

Felix Francis - No Reserve 

(Racing fiction from the son of the late Dick Francis)

Nicky Henderson - career in racing through 12 horses.

Enjoyed each of them in their own way.