The Gaslight Anthem

GorgieRoad

I'll get it tomorrow.

On how quickly the standing sold out, they have really become a big draw live. I'm not a HUGE fan of their music, but purely on how popular their shows are, I might consider heading along.

This is exactly the way people used to fawn over Kings of Leon on here.

Give it a year, and a billion selling album, and everybody will be hating them. wink.gif

Well to be fair the first three KoL albums were great, as have been The Gaslight Anthem's. I just hop they don't sell out like KoL and start producing middle of the road American-rock pish.

This is exactly the way people used to fawn over Kings of Leon on here.

Give it a year, and a billion selling album, and everybody will be hating them. wink.gif

I actually think their debut and follow up were both boring as f**k with highlights. They went on to have, for me, two excellent albums and then went back to the boredom with highlights for the fifth.

The Gaslight Anthem seem to be just sticking with their formula which is good. It works for them.

I love Gaslight Anthem, seen them a couple of years ago when I had no clue who they were and fell in love that night. New album has lots of promise from what I have heard but unsure as to whether it will hit the heights of American Slang which is one of my all time favorite albums.

My only worry for this album, is that it might be over-produced. I can hear a lot of studio tricks. Will they truly be able to replicate this quality live ? I'm not honestly sure. Compare the studio version of "Biloxi Parish" and "45" to the live versions. Quite different.

It's still the best album I've heard this year by far. I think this could be the album that propels them into the mainstream. Songs like "Howl" and "45" sound very radio-friendly. That's not a bad thing. These songs still contain Fallon's raw and honest lyrics and that Jersey punk spirit.

Also, "Mae" is quite literally the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.