P&B subcrawl

It'd certainly take a while with so many folk to get served a pint if the turn out is decent, would all the pubs accommodate such a following?

I can't see any pubs turning away too many punters, even if 30 of us turn out - which is optimistic. My experience of online meetups is that a lot of people pull out for various reasons. You're right about the fact that it might take a while to be served. Maybe we should just buy a 3 litre bottle of Frosty Jacks for each stop and drink it out of plastic cups.

So are you coming out dressed as Lex Veldhuis?

The largest group I've been in on a subcrawl was 25, and other than a pub on Ashton Lane we didn't have trouble getting in anywhere. We got in the one next to the one that knocked us back anyway so shouldn't be a problem provided we don't end up with about 50 people.

Never mind. Mine were tipsy at least. :)

I don't know what Zen was going to do. But if it's what I thought it was, they aren't. :(

I feel Zen was going to utilise his knowledge of rhyming slang.

And it is what you thought it was.

I would like to come along but I'm not much of a drinker

:(

I would happily have a few with you lot though.

TBH, I kid myself on that I can drink, but I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes down to it, so after I've had half a dozen we can order tomato juice and talk about everyone else in sanctimonious tones.

I can't see any pubs turning away too many punters, even if 30 of us turn out - which is optimistic. My experience of online meetups is that a lot of people pull out for various reasons. You're right about the fact that it might take a while to be served. Maybe we should just buy a 3 litre bottle of Frosty Jacks for each stop and drink it out of plastic cups.

So are you coming out dressed as Lex Veldhuis?

Will need to find a Netherlands sleeve patch to sew into my black shirt. I'll see what I can do.

Failing that I'll just not shave or have a shower, stick on my bath robe and come as my namesake.

Will need to find a Netherlands sleeve patch to sew into my black shirt. I'll see what I can do.

Failing that I'll just not shave or have a shower, stick on my bath robe and come as my namesake.

If your going Chris, gis a shout. Meet up beforehand. :D

TBH, I kid myself on that I can drink, but I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes down to it, so after I've had half a dozen we can order tomato juice and talk about everyone else in sanctimonious tones.

I can probably get as far as 8-10 vodkas (don't drink lager), if I can have a couple of refreshing doobies outside a pub or two I'll be fine :D

ETA - As much as I say I will come, I probably won't. If I do there is a good chance I will simply disappear with no warning at some stage which is what I do when I get too drunk

Edited by Dindeleux

I can probably get as far as 8-10 vodkas (don't drink lager), if I can have a couple of refreshing doobies outside a pub or two I'll be fine :D

ETA - As much as I say I will come, I probably won't. If I do there is a good chance I will simply disappear with no warning at some stage which is what I do when I get too drunk

Ah yes....jazz cigarettes! Now you're talking :P

FFS, I think if I were to smoke a joint on top of 8 - 10 drinks nowadays, I would soil myself, to be brutally honest :(

WILLIEA's comments about laughing at middle-aged men pissed up in the town is starting to give me the fear. The abyss is already staring back at me....

Ah yes....jazz cigarettes! Now you're talking :P

FFS, I think if I were to smoke a joint on top of 8 - 10 drinks nowadays, I would soil myself, to be brutally honest :(

WILLIEA's comments about laughing at middle-aged men pissed up in the town is starting to give me the fear. The abyss is already staring back at me....

Hmmmmm, for some reason the drink just doesn't really hit me that bad. I get drunk in my head but I never get that legless way. Eventually I just start to get the sore head and need sleep.

Jazz cigarettes will be there - me and you can hang around together with some orangeade.