P&B subcrawl

No fucking way you'd pass for Swampy with your hair.

I could get away with it right enough.

Chances are you might also own a Morton top, Dunning. A wee trip to Stetson Joe's on Greenock High Street and it's fucking on, man.

Come and have a couple then.

I'm not sure how I'd even suggest that we should go for a few pints with a bunch of random strangers from the Internet to the lads I'm going to the gig with tbh.

Edited by Jimmy85

Looking forward to this. I've always done Hootenanny as the start and end of a subcrawl so will be good to try somewhere different for once.

Also, not to sound like a patronising b*****d, but sensible thing to do: go down into the subway and buy your all day pass before going into Times Square when you first arrive. If all 20 or so of us go down and ask for the ticket at once there's a chance they'll tell us to f**k off.

For Shields Road the Old Toll or Merchant's Quay would be a far better shout than Mimmo's which is an Italian restaurant. Also saves you walking up the hill.

Would use Kensington for Cessnock not Park Bar which is 100 times worse.

At Kinning Park they are all knuckle-dragger pubs unless you walk back to Paisley Road Toll. Actually you are better doing Merchant' s Quay for Shields Road and then walking across the street to the Old Toll for Kinning Park. Then moving onto Cessnock.

Have fun.

Would use Kensington for Cessnock not Park Bar which is 100 times worse.

I was in the Kensington for this stop at the start of the season. The lounge was completely empty, but there were people cheering and celebrating outside when they heard that Rangers had, erm, equalised against Peterhead...

Looks a cracking result right now to be fair.

For Shields Road the Old Toll or Merchant's Quay would be a far better shout than Mimmo's which is an Italian restaurant. Also saves you walking up the hill.

At Kinning Park they are all knuckle-dragger pubs unless you walk back to Paisley Road Toll. Actually you are better doing Merchant' s Quay for Shields Road and then walking across the street to the Old Toll for Kinning Park. Then moving onto Cessnock.

Get tae fúck ya big jessie, the Grapes in Kinning Park is fine. In fact, it's one of my favourite stops on the south side. The punters have always been very welcoming. As long as you're not a fanny, you'll be fine. They put sandwiches on for us one year! And in the year we done a 'reverse subcrawl' where the dodgier pubs were the last ones, we were invited to have a drink with a funeral party in there! laugh.gif

And anyway, missing actual stops out is a straight red card as far as I'm concerned.

The Quayside is the one we go to now at Shields Road, not sure if that's the same place you're referring to.

Edited by StewartyMac

Get tae fúck ya big jessie, the Grapes in Kinning Park is fine. In fact, it's one of my favourite stops on the south side. The punters have always been very welcoming. As long as your not a fanny, you'll be fine. They put sandwiches on for us one year! And in the year we done a 'reverse subcrawl' where the dodgier pubs were the last ones, we were invited to have a drink with a funeral party in there! laugh.gif

And anyway, missing actual stops out is a straight red card as far as I'm concerned.

The Quayside is the one we go to now at Shields Road, not sure if that's the same place you're referring to.

Agree with this, this'll be my first ever subcrawl and the potential of "dodgy" pubs is part of the attraction imo

Edited by GordieBoy80

A lot of people prefer the latter stops north of the river, and of course, the pubs are infinitely better there, but for me, the real heart of the Subcrawl is those first seven or eight stops deep in the heart of bandit country.