P&B subcrawl

Cheers. Was thinking it'd be around that.

Might have a couple of pints to start off then it'll be botlles for me, maybe a few vodkas towards the end if I'm wavering.

That sounds like a plan. Couple of Bests to get the day started then onto bottles then voddies when the inevitable bagging up starts.

The 10:24 gets you in at 10:49, maybe better getting the 10:44 though, that'll get you there for 11:06. Nip into your namesake's pub for a quick starter, as I should be there by then.

Cheers.

Going to be difficult to leave the drinking on Friday (well, most of it) so I can be fresh on Saturday.

Up early with the wean then a couple of wee things to do then destination blooterville :P

We used to stop for two or three at the Ibrox stop in the days when it was the Stadium Bar, as it had a pool table, and we often had a wee competition or a game of killer. Watched Germany v Argentina in the WC there a couple of years ago. In the early days, I would use this opportunity to grab a few fly vodkas, something that was to have certain ramifications later in the day...

Being fresh for a Subcrawl is paramount. Hearty breakfast also highly recommended.

If I was able to attend I am damn sure I would get ratted the day before, it is always easier/ can drink more the 2nd/3rd day of a bender.

We used to stop for two or three at the Ibrox stop in the days when it was the Stadium Bar, as it had a pool table, and we often had a wee competition or a game of killer. Watched Germany v Argentina in the WC there a couple of years ago. In the early days, I would use this opportunity to grab a few fly vodkas, something that was to have certain ramifications later in the day...

Did your legs not get numb?

Get tae fúck ya big jessie, the Grapes in Kinning Park is fine. In fact, it's one of my favourite stops on the south side. The punters have always been very welcoming. As long as you're not a fanny, you'll be fine. They put sandwiches on for us one year! And in the year we done a 'reverse subcrawl' where the dodgier pubs were the last ones, we were invited to have a drink with a funeral party in there! laugh.gif

And anyway, missing actual stops out is a straight red card as far as I'm concerned.

The Quayside is the one we go to now at Shields Road, not sure if that's the same place you're referring to.

No I was referring to The Merchant's Quay which is on the corner of Admiral Street and Paisley Road. It used to be the New Regano and before that The Sportsman's and before that Jim Baxter's.

If you want to experience the full flavour of the Southside pubs, Go to the Stanley Bar or Angel at Shields Road, Bellrock, Louden or District at KP, Park Bar at Cessnock and bypass Brechins ( We locals call it The Black Man) for Richards at Govan.

Good luck with that.