Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

I think Oasis will get back together, but.....I don't think they will make new material but tour and make a killing with a year of massive gigs.

They don't need new material though, everyone just wants to see them return. I pray for the day personally.

Think the pub story is funny. It sounds like they were streaming and started discussing what it would be like to run a pub. We've all done it as we sit in the boozer. That said, they've actually got the money to do it. Couldn't care less if they open a pub together anyway tbh, I just want them to announce that they are going to reunite.

I love Oasis and was fortunate enough to see them several times, but by the end, it was shite.

Liam is still a good signer, but he's no longer able to put the same energy into tunes off the first two albums, and they need that snarl/ attitude to make them sound as they should.

Tunes like Bring it on down, Rock N Roll Star and Fags and Ale, which are the kind of tunes the masses want, simply wouldn't work.

The Noel tunes like DLBIA etc are shite, so I just don't understand why people are so keen for them to reform.

Like it was pointed out before, I think their split was contrived. They weren't selling much records or producing any quality.

They split up which gives them two seperate products to sell, when that well runs dry. It will be the oasis re-union tour at £70 a ticket.

They are about as rock n roll as the monkees

Edited by a1974h

Like it was pointed out before, I think their split was contrived. They weren't selling much records or producing any quality.

They split up which gives them two seperate products to sell, when that well runs dry. It will be the oasis re-union tour at £70 a ticket.

They are about as rock n roll as the monkees

Not selling records? Despite every single album going straight to number one? There is plenty quality on the later albums.

Contrived? Why sell two products when you're making millions selling one? Noel had enough of it, simple as that.

The only thing that you have said that I could possibly agree with is the fact that when the reunion does happen, it will be hideously over priced.

The only thing that you have said that I could possibly agree with is the fact that when the reunion does happen, it will be hideously over priced.

Mainly due to the fact a promoter has shelled out huge wonga to get them on stage.

Oasis concerts were far cheaper than any other top act out there.

Have you seen the prices U2, Madonna, Robbie etc want?

I don't think I ever spent more than £50 on an oasis ticket from the 10 concerts I seen.

Not selling records? Despite every single album going straight to number one? There is plenty quality on the later albums.

Contrived? Why sell two products when you're making millions selling one? Noel had enough of it, simple as that.

Their last few albums were shit. Despite every album being touted as the best since definetly maybe.

I like oasis as much as the next guy and I've been to a few cracking gigs(irvine beach, Loch Lomond).

But they had turned into a run of the mill indie band. They constantly borrowed other peoples ideas. They had became a parody of themselves.

Their last few albums were shit. Despite every album being touted as the best since definetly maybe.

I like oasis as much as the next guy and I've been to a few cracking gigs(irvine beach, Loch Lomond).

But they had turned into a run of the mill indie band. They constantly borrowed other peoples ideas. They had became a parody of themselves.

Who touted them as the best since DM? Not oasis, that's for sure. They're not of the same standard, but all are decent albums with a couple of really good tunes on.

As for your "borrowing ideas", Noel stole from everyone right from the start, so you can't use that as an argument against the later stuff. He's hardly alone in lifting ideas though is he? Everyone has been doing it since the blues was invented. That's the whole point.

Who touted them as the best since DM? Not oasis, that's for sure. They're not of the same standard, but all are decent albums with a couple of really good tunes on.

As for your "borrowing ideas", Noel stole from everyone right from the start, so you can't use that as an argument against the later stuff. He's hardly alone in lifting ideas though is he? Everyone has been doing it since the blues was invented. That's the whole point.

That was their PR behind every album since DM, that and Liam playing the game with the media giving them that controversial pic in exchange for publicity. Oasis were a well oiled machine. The spirit of the band left with guigsy and bonehead. The new band members were better musicians but it never had that hi-energy garage spirit the original members had. The re-union is a formality.

I wonder who the band members will be?

I think I paid £50 for the last murrayfield gig. Which at the time was obscene.

Which had Kasabian just after they'd exploded into being arguably the biggest band in the country behind Oasis (Fire was number 1 at the time IIRC), The Enemy who had released the incredible first album and were charging 20 quid a pop themselves, and Reverend and the Makers. Easily better value than a day ticket for TITP, for example.

That was their PR behind every album since DM, that and Liam playing the game with the media giving them that controversial pic in exchange for publicity. Oasis were a well oiled machine. The spirit of the band left with guigsy and bonehead. The new band members were better musicians but it never had that hi-energy garage spirit the original members had. The re-union is a formality.

I wonder who the band members will be?

The PR promoting an album has nothing to do with the band. The record label are hardly going to come out and say "Not as good as DM, but buy it anyway" are they?

Liam playing the game? What?

He was the biggest rock star in the country. The press, in case you hadn't noticed, do anything they can to get pictures or stories of the biggest celebrities, as it shifts papers.

The spirit of the band was, is and forever will be Liam and Noel. The rest are just interchangeable puppets, no more, no less. When it does happen it will be Gem and Andy Bell, because as you say, they're better musicians. They also contributed much more to the band than either Bonehead or Guigsy.

I think I paid £50 for the last murrayfield gig. Which at the time was obscene.

That's 4 or 5 years ago, but i'd be very surprised if the others you have mentioned were much more expensive at that time.

I had all 10 oasis tickets from the shows i'd been too.

The Murrayfield 1 you mention is the most expensive at £50 which is well under the price all the other big acts want.

Most were priced between £30-£40

Edited by Gaz FFC

I had all 10 oasis tickets from the shows i'd been too.

The Murrayfield 1 you mention is the most expensive at £50 which is well under the price all the other big acts want.

Most were priced between £30-£40

Yep, £50 is the most I paid as well. Oasis tickets were cheaper than the other top acts around at the time, even at the height of their success. I paid £29.50 to see them at Balloch for one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

I'm certainly not doubting you Gaz, just surprised U2 etc could get away with charging more than £50 5 years ago.

U2 were the best part of £100 the last time they played Scotland.

Not sure what year it was but it was a long time ago.

ETA it was summer 09, their 360 tour.

My sis went and was somewhere between £160-£200 for 2 tickets.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Please don't hate me, but I was never much of a fan of Oasis. However, I've often found Noel a very witty and likeable interviewee, and this compilation of his video commentary's is really very entertaining...

For any faint hearted Victorian ladies watcihng, I should warn you that his language is a little coarse at times.