Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The tout prices for some of the Euro matches came down to close to face value in the days before.

I wasn’t following that. I remember I bought tickets on eBay for oasis secc in 2008 for about double face value then when it came near the event my friends said they didn’t want my tickets as they’d found them for face value to I just had to give them away for less and take the hit for it myself. The thing here is you have actual face value then you have a dynamic price that someone may have paid and they will just say they want what they paid for it and then you’ve got your tout value that might just be an utter pisstake price. So a standing ticket could either be £150 £350 or over a grand depending on what sort of a person your buying it off.

1 hour ago, Stevie Kirk said:

My mate was trying to get tickets for his daughter for Taylor Swift in Edinburgh . His thought process was that if he left it to the very very last minute the price would drop a bit as the touts  tried to offload rather than holding onto soon to be worthless tickets. He lives 30 mins drive from the venue so could afford to take it to the wire.

interestingly what happened was the opposite, demand increased and the prices climbed in the hour prior to opening to well over a grand a ticket. Needless to say he didn’t bother. 

Father of the year nomination dismissed.

23 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

2 extra nights announced for Wembley

"As soon as the 17 dates sold out Noel and Liam said they wanted to put on more concerts.

"They will announce two more Wembley shows on Friday - and are hoping to work out dates for even more shows.

"They were stunned by the demand for tickets and want to give back to their fans as much as they can."

MY mate pointed out the two night gap on Friday night. Maybe a rest or an extra date possible.

I saw Oasis at Balloch and then Ingliston in 96 and in Aberdeen in 97 but never bothered after that.

Like somebody said, it seemed like the event to be seen at next year.  I just entered because it is a significant birthday next year for me and nephew.

I entered for the ballot but never got an email.

I logged on and was 5,000 in the queue at 9.30 for Saturday  tickets, got in, selected tickets but got an error message.  No matter what combination I tried, I kept getting the error message.  So I just went an cut the lawns instead.

I go into work on Monday to hear a woman tell me she had been trying for 8 hours and I doubt she could name 3 Oasis songs and in 15 years of working with her I have never heard her mention them once.

Must have been galling for her that a friend down the road got 4 tickets in the pre-sale. 2 tickets in the sale while her partner was sitting next to her got 4 tickets!

As others have mentioned, if you have price in mind, tickets will become available as some buying them will be looking to offload.  Feck panic dynamic prices. That could be a week on holiday somewhere.

The brothers have a role to answer in this, they could easily told promotors to set tickets at a certain price and that is it.  They have the power and doubt they need the money.

There will be lots of gaps in their tour as they are in their 50’s and Liam’s voice won’t be able to handle 20 gigs in 30 days or whatever it would end up being. This is why they’re doing 2 consecutive nights at the weekends with a week off in between and only the odd midweek gig.

Saw lots of chat of them breaking Taylor Swift’s 10 night record at Wembley, and they could easily have surpassed this if they really wanted to, but I’m glad they’re doing gigs in other cities instead.

49 minutes ago, throbber said:

The band have also said they left the pricing etc to ticketmaster and management.

Oasis hit out at Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing after backlash https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3w6yy4g6gdo

It's convenient to let Ticketmaster and their management take the hit since noone gives two shits about either of them. 

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

It's convenient to let Ticketmaster and their management take the hit since noone gives two shits about either of them. 

Who knows. The band members could have just been told they’re getting x amount for the tour and left the rest for others to sort out. You just don’t know.

One of my mates got tickets for Liam Gallagher at Hampden in 2022 for £33 rather than face value of £85 thanks to dynamic pricing. Think loads of folk got tickets for him or the Eagles at that time for a fraction of face value.

Edited by Fuctifano

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

One of my mates got tickets for Liam Gallagher at Hampden in 2022 for £33 rather than face value of £85 thanks to dynamic pricing. Think loads of folk got tickets for him or the Eagles at that time for a fraction of face value.

I looked at the Eagles for that concert. About £400 a skull.

9 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

MY mate pointed out the two night gap on Friday night. Maybe a rest or an extra date possible.

I saw Oasis at Balloch and then Ingliston in 96 and in Aberdeen in 97 but never bothered after that.

Like somebody said, it seemed like the event to be seen at next year.  I just entered because it is a significant birthday next year for me and nephew.

I entered for the ballot but never got an email.

I logged on and was 5,000 in the queue at 9.30 for Saturday  tickets, got in, selected tickets but got an error message.  No matter what combination I tried, I kept getting the error message.  So I just went an cut the lawns instead.

I go into work on Monday to hear a woman tell me she had been trying for 8 hours and I doubt she could name 3 Oasis songs and in 15 years of working with her I have never heard her mention them once.

Must have been galling for her that a friend down the road got 4 tickets in the pre-sale. 2 tickets in the sale while her partner was sitting next to her got 4 tickets!

As others have mentioned, if you have price in mind, tickets will become available as some buying them will be looking to offload.  Feck panic dynamic prices. That could be a week on holiday somewhere.

The brothers have a role to answer in this, they could easily told promotors to set tickets at a certain price and that is it.  They have the power and doubt they need the money.

I was at Ingliston to see Oasis but couldnt remember the year. If it was the gig I was at, I remember it being a good one.

Edited by ScotiaNostra

10 hours ago, Willie adie said:

10 million folk tried , yet we live in a cast  of living  crisis,  

So anyone  that got can stfu  about struggling  to pay bills,

Also those that never got could donate half the cost of a ticket  to a  charity

I guess they're alright, I guess they're doing fine.