Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

DOYS is absolute brilliant. The Shock Of The Lightning is one of the best songs Oasis have ever done IMO.

DOYS has got its weaknesses but overall its a good album. "TSOTL" Is a great song but I could name 10-12 songs Oasis did that are better than it. "Bag It Up" on DOYS is one of the best songs Oasis did in late 00's. My opinion obviously.

I reckon there is absolutely no chance Oasis will ever be together in the foreseeable future. When you look at the state of Liam these days, although his stage presence is still awesome, the guys voice has rotted. Noel on the other hand is flying from strength to strength, his voice just gets better and better with age...moving in opposite directions.

I reckon there is a slim chance in like 20 years they will do it for one last go, Liam will be singing with one of them voicebox buzzers on his throat though.

Oasis have been offered a huge wad to play a couple of shows next summer.

The vibe is the Gallaghers "are tempted"

What a panic for those tickets. eBay should be good

What I've read recently is Noel squashing any rumours of a reunion. Liam seems really keen though and would probably jump at the chance.

What I've read recently is Noel squashing any rumours of a reunion. Liam seems really keen though and would probably jump at the chance.

I think Liam would definitely be up for it, but I can't see Noel agreeing to it. Noel doesn't need to do it considering the success he's had since he went solo. Also, Noel was seen in recording studios in LA and London last month, so can't see Oasis reforming while he is most likely recording a new album.

I would be happy with a reunion, naturally, but I would be much happier if they could sort out their differences - kiss and make up before they do any shows. What's the point in them playing for £££ if they're going to be up there playing a soulless set, no electricity, no good vibe? It would be shite, and everyone would know they're just in it for the money. If they are going to come back they need to come back and play for the crowd, and put on a fucking top show.

I think Liam would definitely be up for it, but I can't see Noel agreeing to it. Noel doesn't need to do it considering the success he's had since he went solo. Also, Noel was seen in recording studios in LA and London last month, so can't see Oasis reforming while he is most likely recording a new album.

Liam wants a reunion because Beady Eye haven't had the success he feels he was entitled to. I don't think he even considered the possibility that he'd have to work his way up again or that the band might not take off like Oasis did. Understandable given the fanbase Oasis had.

Noel won't do it. It would look cheap, like they are cashing in and like they were giving up on their own projects. I just can't see Noel doing it because he just doesn't need to.

Noel said he was making two albums, one of his standard tunes, which he released and was well received. The 2nd was a more dance kinda thing, a project with Amorphous Androgynous. Despite finishing it at the same time, he's shelved it as he didn't like the mixes. I loved the remix of falling down and this album was hopefully gonna be much like that.

Disappointed.

I would be happy with a reunion, naturally, but I would be much happier if they could sort out their differences - kiss and make up before they do any shows. What's the point in them playing for £££ if they're going to be up there playing a soulless set, no electricity, no good vibe? It would be shite, and everyone would know they're just in it for the money. If they are going to come back they need to come back and play for the crowd, and put on a fucking top show.

Did you go and see them before they split? They weren't speaking to each other and only tolerated one another for the money. What is the difference? The illusion of solidarity is now gone. I normally went to see them live because it is a good night out, and you just don't know if they would start fighting on stage. None of that will ever change. Noel doesn't need Liam at all. He wrote all the best Oasis tracks and can play them at his solo gigs ensuring that he will continue to sell out everywhere he plays irrespective of future album sales or popularity.

I agree with Mrs M. It will never happen. It does make me sad that Definitely Maybe came out 20 years ago. Thank you Oasis for saving me from Suede.

For those of us who grew up on 80's/early 90's Indie, Oasis were like the Second Coming.

Remember seeing them 3rd on the bill at a Verve (notice no "The" when they were actually exciting) concert at some venue on Clyde St Glasgow cant remember its name. Acetone were the other band. Oasis blew me away that night. It was the first band in ages I loved. truly loved - they were "my band".

Then it ended with the mainstreams love of the most overrated song in history "Wonderwall" and then BHN was an overblown disappointment.

Oasis were dead.

But worst of all.

Oasis killed Indie.

Saw Beady Eye in June - absolutely class and better than latter day Oasis.

I know some are put off them saying they don't like Liam etc but imo their album 'BE' is right up there with anything released over the last couple of years. The best record of the post Oasis era including NGHFB (which is still brilliant btw).

Liams voice is incredible on it.

Go listen if you haven't already...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

• 4 weeks later...