Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

Just for fun a few Oasis/Noel questions.

Best Oasis album track?

Best Oasis B side?

Best Oasis single?

Best NGHFB song?

Mine are Champagne Supernova, Masterplan, Stand by me and Lock all the doors.

Shoot p&b....

Some Might Say (closely followed by My Big Mouth

Acquiesce

Live Forever

Inclined to say Lock All The Doors but because that was already an early demo I'll go with Riverman

Some Might Say was a single... their first number one I'm sure.

Album track - Slide Away

B-side - Idler's Dream (shout out to Oasis and their B-sides, btw - has there been a better collection of B-sides than The Masterplan?)

Single - Live Forever

NGHFB song - The Right Stuff

Acquiesce came out as a single to promote the 'Greatest Hits' album, did it not? Time Flies I think it was called. So a long time after it initially came out.

Album Track - Slide Away
B-Side - Acquiesce
Single - Live Forever
NGHFB - You Know We Can't Go Back

That was tough. Ask me tomorrow and you'll get four different answers!

30 minutes ago, SuperTon said:

Good to see so many people saying 'Slide Away'. My favourite song ever, what a tune!

Think that it makes it onto my list today...unbelievable tune although not a fan how they subtly edited out Noel's backing vocals in the remastered version! 

Liam's voice back in the day really was untouchable, setting everything else aside. His attitude and aggression allowed him to nail every one of the songs Noel G wrote for him. His live performances from 94-96 are sublime. Seeing the state of him now is genuinely sad, but at least Noel is keeping it together pretty brilliantly. 

Liam's voice back in the day really was untouchable, setting everything else aside. His attitude and aggression allowed him to nail every one of the songs Noel G wrote for him. His live performances from 94-96 are sublime.

I wouldn't go that far. I saw them three times in that period and twice he was inaudible at times throughout the gigs.

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 12:30, AberdeenHibee said:

Think that it makes it onto my list today...unbelievable tune although not a fan how they subtly edited out Noel's backing vocals in the remastered version! 

Liam's voice back in the day really was untouchable, setting everything else aside. His attitude and aggression allowed him to nail every one of the songs Noel G wrote for him. His live performances from 94-96 are sublime. Seeing the state of him now is genuinely sad, but at least Noel is keeping it together pretty brilliantly. 

Interesting thing. Back in the 90s I didn't particularly care for Noel singing unless it was an acoustic solo. That all changed 1 night in Aberdeen.

Me and my mate bought tix to see them up there 1 midweek. They had just played T in the park and Finsbury park. It was nice to see a more intimate gig.

Everything started as normal and it was brilliant how small the hall was and how close the band was.

About half way through Liam gave up. In those days he could barely cope with playing 2 gigs on the trot, so now it was down to Noel.

Must've been about 10 songs to go and it was pure magical. That night was 1 of the greatest concerts I went too and I've seen plenty.

Noel had completely turned it round and his range on the big electric numbers like Morning glory was outrageously good. 

All hail Noel