Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

On 20/12/2017 at 12:43, dundeefc1783 said:

Even if it is true can’t see a reunion anytime soon. They are both doing very well at the moment with solo projects so don’t see a need for a reunion unless a one off for a few shows.

They're both booked up for next year already. 

2019 if at all before a reunion tour could happen.

3 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:
They're both booked up for next year already. 
2019 if at all before a reunion tour could happen.

25th Anniversary of Definitely Maybe. If it's ever going to happen it's got to be then.

Good thinking.

Certainly they need something big to commemorate it.

Surely everyone realises this has all been planned and manufactured, building up to probably the biggest pay-day the music industry has ever seen?

I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all, but it's surely obvious to everyone? A bit like when Take That first got back together and there was clearly a meeting where it was decided to not include Robbie the first time, in order to have a second one with him and sell the same thing to the same people twice?

I'd be extremely surprised if there's not an Oasis reunion, and equally as surprised if they don't already know when it will be, perhaps already started planning it. Which will be amazing obviously.

Not a big Oasis fan but watching Supersonic on BBC2 just now, makes you think how big this band really is. From going to playing club gigs to 250,000 people at Knebworth in the space of 4/5 years is something a new band these days can only dream of.

8 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Not a big Oasis fan but watching Supersonic on BBC2 just now, makes you think how big this band really is. From going to playing club gigs to 250,000 people at Knebworth in the space of 4/5 years is something a new band these days can only dream of.

Knebworth was almost exactly two years after their debut album was released.  Exactly two years before Knebworth (10th and 11th August 1994) they played Leeds Irish Centre (capacity 800) and Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall (capacity 1134).  It was really unprecedented for a band like them to explode in the way they did.  

I was a big Oasis fan at the time, when I was a teenager, and it's good to watch Supersonic last night.  It was interesting to hear the initial mix of Definitely Maybe, clearly Owen Morris made a huge difference.  It's odd to see them looking so young, the arrogance and the self-belief are kind of cliched now but was different at the time - most bands from that world were mumbling hairy shoe gazers around then.  

Looking back, something was lost when the original line up (I would include Alan White in it) split up.  Bonehead and Guigsy were replaced by better musicians but it took a lot away from the idea of the band as a gang.  it really became the Gallaghers with backing musicians.

Knebworth was almost exactly two years after their debut album was released.  Exactly two years before Knebworth (10th and 11th August 1994) they played Leeds Irish Centre (capacity 800) and Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall (capacity 1134).  It was really unprecedented for a band like them to explode in the way they did.  

I was a big Oasis fan at the time, when I was a teenager, and it's good to watch Supersonic last night.  It was interesting to hear the initial mix of Definitely Maybe, clearly Owen Morris made a huge difference.  It's odd to see them looking so young, the arrogance and the self-belief are kind of cliched now but was different at the time - most bands from that world were mumbling hairy shoe gazers around then.  

Looking back, something was lost when the original line up (I would include Alan White in it) split up.  Bonehead and Guigsy were replaced by better musicians but it took a lot away from the idea of the band as a gang.  it really became the Gallaghers with backing musicians.

Agree it was a great watch.

Brings back great memories and fantastic to see the crowds at their gigs going mental rather than thousands of people watching a gig through a mobile phone.

There is no doubt that at some point they will be back as they will make an absolute fortune out of it. I just suspect it might be a few years away yet with them both doing so well in their solo projects. Let’s just hope when they do mobile phones are banned from the gig [emoji23]

On 28/12/2017 at 08:46, ICTChris said:

Now in the modern age of Simon and X factor  a band can be huge within a week because teen girls all fancy them and voted for them throughout the show.

The modern age won't appreciate the pre X factor and social media age.

Oasis spent 2 years taking on the world with hard work like you won't imagine and won.

I for 1 high 5 them. f**k off Simon

Is the 'diligent, assiduous grafters' Oasis narrative really that accurate?

From memory they spent most of the mid-nineties trawling round the world totally shit faced and could have been bigger State-side if they weren't so off their tits.  

Edited by Consolidate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2018 at 01:35, Bains1980 said:

Watching gmex concert 97 fuckin outstanding

Love that gig.

Considering how much that album is slated those tunes live make for 1 big bouncy and singalong.

When they come out and the crowd is euphoric only for them to burst Into Be here now if that doesn't give you goosebumps I'd check yer pulse.