Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

On 11/9/2017 at 12:20, dundeefc1783 said:

What was with the scissors though

I looked up her band Le Volume Courbe - they're pretty terrible.  She seems to play the scissors a lot.  On one or two tracks, particularly the tracks she does with Grimm Grimm,  you can actually hear them. 

Will probably look out Noel's album as it's definitely a bit different, but I can happily avoid Liam's by-the-numbers rubbish.

Must admit to massive relief that it is going down well.

Far too much said that this album was going to be marmite.

On a seperate note I heard i hope I think I know yesterday and it brought it flooding back how fucking good that song is.

I love Oasis man

. Dead in the water is by far the standout for me. Nice acoustic ballad and sounds more like his earlier work.

Agree with that, it’s the best song on the album by a distance. How typical of Noel that it’s tucked away as a bonus. He did much the same thing with ‘Do the Damage’ on the last one.

On first listen I’m underwhelmed. Maybe it’s a grower.

Its decent, but I'm not blown away by it. I can see what he is trying to do and why he really enjoyed doing this album, but its probably too much of a departure from the NG I know and love!

Chasing Yesterday had some belters like Lock All The Doors, In The Heat Of The Moment, Do The Damage,  The Dying Light and Ballad of the Mighty I...all were absolute tunes which I could happily listen to over and over...there isn't a song on this album that has hooked me...yet!!

14 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

How much can Noel Gallagher rip off Interpol and get away with it?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say Interpol weren't even remotely in his mind when he recorded this record.

He wears his influences on his sleeve, but those influences sound to me more like the new romantic era, New Order and early sixties pop.  Which, I daresay, is the same kind of influence that Interpol works from.

15 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Its decent, but I'm not blown away by it. I can see what he is trying to do and why he really enjoyed doing this album, but its probably too much of a departure from the NG I know and love!

Chasing Yesterday had some belters like Lock All The Doors, In The Heat Of The Moment, Do The Damage,  The Dying Light and Ballad of the Mighty I...all were absolute tunes which I could happily listen to over and over...there isn't a song on this album that has hooked me...yet!!

Holy Mountain and She Taught Me How to Fly both hooked me as soon as I heard them.

Album itself is a bit of a mixed bag though.

I've only gave it two listens and I quite like it. I don't know the name of the songs as I was driving at the time but there's one that's background music it class - a mix of age of consent by new order and sometimes by Gerry Cinnamon and another that was Beatles esc. A grower I think.

It's the furthest from Oasis that you could possibly get so I understand why reaction has been mixed. Also don't understand the desperation on social media to compare this with As you were. Two massively different albums.

Lovely to listen too and a really nice change. I'm glad the acoustic ballad formula has largely been ditched (although Dead in the Water is a very nice song). Just hope it can be pulled off live, as I'm sure I read that the drums and bass etc weren't done by the band members on the album?

22 hours ago, McQuade said:

Garbage , just garbage..its like music for people who have never heard music and think its mind bending.

25 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Both Gallaghers should retire.

FUBRlPv.png