Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

I'll start by saying that I fucking love Liam, he is Oasis, Noel's noel, but Liam is pure rock 'n' roll, always was, still is and always will be.

That aside, I stuck this album on with real fear, the singles I'd heard we're all pretty good, but you'd always chuck good tunes out to get people interested. I had major concerns over what he was gonna produce for the slower tunes especially.

Fucking hell, it's brilliant. The time he's taken to go off and find people to write with, has paid massive dividends. I'm trying very, very hard to keep the Liam tinted, john lennon shades to one side and be subjective. But I can't.

Liam made this album and it's fucking so much better than I ever dreamed it could be. This thread will no doubt attract plenty of haterz, when it does, I'm not even gonna bother weighing in with the usual defence. It won't be required. This album speaks for itself.

Can I justify £150 for a Glasgow standing ticket? That's undecided, but if any legend has a spare going, please PM me. I'll happily pay a bit over face value.

The King has returned. Long live the King.

Sounded good, but not spectacular, on Graham Norton tonight. Album is a belter, though; Bold has to be amongst the best post-Oasis tracks either have put out there.

I thought he sounded really good on Graham Norton. He looked really uncomfortable talking in front of a live audience though ( well not live to us, but you get what I mean). Just not his thing. After a few listens, for me the ones that standout are All I Need and Bold, ( two track he wrote himself), with Greedy Soul, Universal Gleem, Paper Crown and For What It's Worth not far behind.

I think it's great. Was very sceptical of his album after that trailer posted earlier on but I really like Holy Mountain.

I keep waiting for him to come up with a shitter - Weller has had several, and is probably the most comparable figure out there. A great start.