Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

9 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Are they not Brummies?

Hand on heart, I thought they were from Manchester. How were they considered such a part of that ‘Madchester Scene’? Anyway, consider me educated! Wow, I never knew that. I just assumed they were in that Stone Roses, Oasis, Factory Records, Hacienda scene and were from there. Every day is a school day… have a greenie. 😎

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Hand on heart, I thought they were from Manchester. How were they considered such a part of that ‘Madchester Scene’? Anyway, consider me educated! Wow, I never knew that. I just assumed they were in that Stone Roses, Oasis, Factory Records, Hacienda scene and were from there. Every day is a school day… have a greenie. 😎

I think you are both right as they are associated with the Manchester scene despite being formed in Birmingham.  The lead singer certainly sounds like he’s from Manchester area. I wonder if they’d be a short act for the tour? Kasabian will be a shout as well.

Would go to this if tickets are a reasonable price and easy to get (doubtful).

Saw them a few times between 2002 (TITP) and whenever they did the big Heaton Park gigs, around 2008 I think, so not too bothered. They were always pretty good at coming up to Aberdeen on their tours.

edit - just checked, Heaton Park was 2009 so must’ve been just before they split. 

Edited by STFU_Donny

Just realised I'm away on holiday on the Edinburgh dates.

Softens the blow of the inevitable trying and failing to get tickets on Saturday morning.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders...? 

They were the resident band in the mid 90s when I was working on the QE2. A few nights in the crew bar were spent drinking with a Mindbender or two.
At the same time I shared a cabin with someone who played nothing but Oasis all day and night(I had quite liked the first album) and this totally put me off them preferring The Verve, Charlatans and Teenage Fanclub. 

1 hour ago, martin ritchie said:

Purchased 'beer here now' hospitality from murrayfield for this, £315,wine, beer included with a standing ticket 3hr access before concert 

in 2009?