Biffy Clyro

DomDom

Surely a band like Biffy Clyro should be aware of the general shiteness of the SECC and look to play 2 or 3 nights at the Barrowlands instead?

Or maybe they like the idea of playing in front of close to 10,000 people, instead of just 2,000? Or maybe they realise they'd need to play four nights at the Barras to come close to matching the SECC attendance?

Surely a band like Biffy Clyro should be aware of the general shiteness of the SECC and look to play 2 or 3 nights at the Barrowlands instead?

BIffy at the Barras would sell out within a couple of minutes now.

It's unfortunately the only place in Glasgow they can really play.

• 1 month later...

It's purely because they're all about money and less about the fans and the music. They will make more money playing at the SECC despite it clearly being a dreadful venue. It's not even as if they wouldn't know how shite it is.

The last time I seen them there, they were terrific.

Blaming the venue is such a shite excuse for a bad gig. The only band I didn't like in there were Travis, and their music just can't fill that arena at all. Oh, and Ian Brown, but that's because his solo stuff is just fucking crap. Not any other reason.

• 1 month later...

There's a VERY strong rumour that Biffy Clyro will be headlining the Carling Weekend this year.

Yeah, not headlining TITP on its 20th anniversary despite having a new album out would lead us to assume Reading/Leeds have them on a UK exclusive.

I'd put my mortgage on it anyway.

Edited by pantene proV

• 2 weeks later...

I've stuck a post in the bargain basement ticket thread but worth repeating here. I've got standing tickets for the SECC gig available at face value if anyone's interested.

Let me get back to you mate. Going to AECC but would do both if I'm honest!