Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rafa's a weird one to Napoli, but Inter will be delighted to have Mazzarri. Delighted by that news though, as that means Montella's probably staying at Fiorentina, with Roma looking towards Allegri.

• 2 weeks later...

Team for the Confederation's Cup has been announced:

Buffon, Sirigu, Marchetti

Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, De Sciglio, Abate, Maggio, Astore

Machisio, Giaccherini, Pirlo, Monotlivo, Candreva, Aquilani, De Rossi

Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Giovinco, Diamanti, Gilardino, Cerci

• 1 month later...

If Livorno are at home will Fiorentina be away as they are the two Tuscan teams? Or do they not work it like that?

I'm going to be in that area of the world in October, hoping to take in a game, could anyone with a bit more knowledge give me some pointers?

How easy will it be to get a ticket? Is it worth the journey up to Parma or somewhere like that if there's a decent game on...(the fixtures aren't out until Monday)

If Livorno are at home will Fiorentina be away as they are the two Tuscan teams? Or do they not work it like that?

I'm going to be in that area of the world in October, hoping to take in a game, could anyone with a bit more knowledge give me some pointers?

How easy will it be to get a ticket? Is it worth the journey up to Parma or somewhere like that if there's a decent game on...(the fixtures aren't out until Monday)

What part of Italy? I was in both Livorno and Florence a few months back.

If i had to choose to go see one, i'd go to Livorno, fans a bit crazy plus newly promoted team

Fancy changing this to 13/14 Zanetti, would save us having a new thread.

Serie A is well and truly on its way back up, with the players and managers they've managed to obtain. I reckon it could be close for 1st, but probably not and Juve will win with Napoli and Fiorentina will battle it out for second.

Juve should stroll it again this year, the difficulty could be trying to keep the number of quality strikers they have happy. Mental to think that only 3 at most of Tevez, Llorente, Vucinic, Quag, Matri and Giovinco will start for them. The entire team is strong though, Buffon is still one of the best in the world, the defence is top class and the midfield is well balanced and full of quality.

Napoli are a funny one. On the face of it they have added well despite losing Cavani and I actually think Benitez is a decent manager, but something tells me it won't work out for them. The likes of Reina, Albiol and Higuain are not their usual sort of signings which have been so successful.

Fiorentina will obviously be great to watch, even with losing Jovetic the attacking options are very good and the midfield will create chances. I'll be putting a bet on Gomez to be the league's top scorer. Whether they can be consistent enough to challenge or not will be the issue.

f**k knows with the two Milan clubs and the two Rome clubs this year. Milan are probably the strongest of the four but are a million miles away from Juve.

What part of Italy? I was in both Livorno and Florence a few months back.

If i had to choose to go see one, i'd go to Livorno, fans a bit crazy plus newly promoted team

Tuscany, flying to Pisa, but not booked a place to stay yet. I've actually been to both those grounds before, so I'm not overly fussed, hopefully one of them will be at home.

Watching a documentary about Batistuta, What a player he was.

Here is a video of him scoring against Man United

Sorry to take it off topic a but, I just love football

• 2 weeks later...

am planning a trip to iotaly to see a game somewhere this year.

funds are limited,is there an italian equivalent of travelodge/premier inn ie somewhere i can stay for a reasonable enough amount if i book early enough but where i can be confident theres a certain standard(i've been burned in the past at privately run hotels in places like edinburgh so tend to stick to the chains if i can)

am planning a trip to iotaly to see a game somewhere this year.

funds are limited,is there an italian equivalent of travelodge/premier inn ie somewhere i can stay for a reasonable enough amount if i book early enough but where i can be confident theres a certain standard(i've been burned in the past at privately run hotels in places like edinburgh so tend to stick to the chains if i can)

Depending on where in Italy you are, Ibis / Ibis Budget is a good shout.

Archived