The LOLverpool Thread

Only if Van Persie's form declines rapidly, which it won't.

Van Persie has also been different class. Player votes for the players award are usually cast in the next few weeks aren't they?...based on what's hapoened so far it could be a close one.

van persie has been fucking brilliant to watch, to the point where rooney shouldnt be getting a game in front of him

lolwut? Why would you ever choose between your two best players and only play one?

Anyway it seems Joe Cole has signed permanently at West Ham. Wonder how much Cole cost Liverpool in wages to then be sold for nothing

£120,000 per week (although he didn't cost a transfer fee) since July 2010

Although he was at Lille on loan for a year, and you'd imagine they picked up his salary during that time. Probably roughly 18 months of salary paid by Liverpool overall.

Although he was at Lille on loan for a year, and you'd imagine they picked up his salary during that time. Probably roughly 18 months of salary paid by Liverpool overall.

I doubt Lille would have been forking out £120,000 per week for a player.

lolwut? Why would you ever choose between your two best players and only play one?

Not me personally, but fergie doesnt seem to like the idea of playing all 3 of them by the looks of things, and hernandez scoring record means its hard to justify leaving him out the team

For the record id love to see all 3 play, rooney just behind hernandez and van persie

Not me personally, but fergie doesnt seem to like the idea of playing all 3 of them by the looks of things, and hernandez scoring record means its hard to justify leaving him out the team

For the record id love to see all 3 play, rooney just behind hernandez and van persie

He will play in midfield, which is what he's been doing quite a bit over the last couple of seasons. When Ronaldo was in his final season Rooney was very rarely up front.

Hernandez I'm not convinced by. Especially in games when United don't have the ball as much. Great finisher, but.. mmm.

He will play in midfield, which is what he's been doing quite a bit over the last couple of seasons. When Ronaldo was in his final season Rooney was very rarely up front.

Hernandez I'm not convinced by. Especially in games when United don't have the ball as much. Great finisher, but.. mmm.

One thing I've noticed is that Hernandez' first touch can be really, noticeably poor during matches. Frequently.

huh.gif The f**k did he get that much for? Wonder how much he's getting now aswell?!

Chicharito can have as many poor touches as he likes. You can never underestimate the importance of someone who will score if half a chance comes by.

In a partnership with RVP he isn't expected to be a technical forward. He's expected to hit the onion bag and he does that scarily accurately when he has even just half a chance.

huh.gif The f**k did he get that much for? Wonder how much he's getting now aswell?!

It was a perfectly reasonable salary at the time.

Cole would have been worth 8-10 million in the transfer market and Liverpool obviously saved themselves that by getting him on a free. Cole was an established England international, at a good age.

I don't think his descent into dross could have reasonably been predicted. His signing is one I wouldn't blame Liverpool for making.

*awaits someone saying Hernandez is better than Rooney*

Hernandez is a far superior finisher to Rooney.

Both partner with RVP very well but I think the RVP & Chicharito will be more effective. You don't need two technically great strikers in the same team.

It would be interesting to see a team like:

De Gea

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Scholes

Valencia Rooney Kagawa

RVP Chicharito

He actually isn't. Rooney will score a higher percentage of his chances than Hernandez.

Hernandez is more in the Mccoist mode. His talent is in being able to get in positions to miss more often then most. Certainly more often than Rooney.

It was a perfectly reasonable salary at the time.

Cole would have been worth 8-10 million in the transfer market and Liverpool obviously saved themselves that by getting him on a free. Cole was an established England international, at a good age.

I don't think his descent into dross could have reasonably been predicted. His signing is one I wouldn't blame Liverpool for making.

huh.gif £120k a week for Joe Cole was never value for money. Was he not just back from a year long injury at the time aswell?

Both partner with RVP very well but I think the RVP & Chicharito will be more effective. You don't need two technically great strikers in the same team.

It would be interesting to see a team like:

De Gea

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Scholes

Valencia Rooney Kagawa

RVP Chicharito

Kagawa will never ever be a winger, and Scholes will never ever play Central Midfield with just Rooney beside him

He actually isn't. Rooney will score a higher percentage of his chances than Hernandez.

Hernandez is more in the Mccoist mode. His talent is in being able to get in positions to miss more often then most. Certainly more often than Rooney.

If a ball fell in the area and I had to choose between Chicha & Wayne Rooney to be on the end of it, I'd choose Chicha every single time without question.

If a ball was played through on goal and I had to choose between them I'd choose Rooney every time. BUT I'd rather have Van Persie there than Rooney.