The LOLverpool Thread

You're right, how on earth would someone like Adam get ahead of world beaters like Jay Bothroyd or Kevin Davies.

Your last point ticks all the boxes for you, slags Adam whilst bigging up Le Tissier. You probably had an erection whilst writing it.

Neither Jay bothroyd, nor Kevin Davies play in midfield.

My posts didn't slag Charlie Adam. No one in the world could possibly consider him to be in the same stratosphere as Matt Le Tissier.

I do think Matt Le Tissier was the most talented footballer I have ever seen in the Premiership however. There is a reason why Le Tiss was idolised by Xavi Hernandez, for example.

Edited by H_B

Neither Jay bothroyd, nor Kevin Davies play in midfield.

My posts didn't slag Charlie Adam. No one in the world could possibly consider him to be in the same stratosphere as Matt Le Tissier.

I do think Matt Le Tissier was the most talented footballer I have ever seen in the Premiership however. There is a reason why Le Tiss was idolised by Xavi Hernandez, for example.

I can't remember the dire midfielders England inevitably had at that time, probably the likes of Henderson and Parker - Adam is far better than either.

Yes, well, nobody really gives a shit about how good Le Tissier is - and I'm sure Xavi has a poster of him on his bedroom wall. Players talk pish about others all the time, apparently Xavi idolises Le Tissier, Scholes and I dunno, Glenn Hoddle or something. And all this bullshit apparently means something.

Scotland should have tried to cap Le Tissier.

And all this bullshit apparently means something.

It means the English press have a history of denigrating lazy, but talented, midfielders, who aren't Scottish. Le Tissier being really just a superstar version of Adam.

Scotland should have tried to cap Le Tissier.

Agreed. Apparently France tried to get him too.

It means the English press have a history of denigrating lazy, but talented, midfielders, who aren't Scottish. Le Tissier being really just a superstar version of Adam.

Which would all stack up great if Adam was lazy. He's a hard working midfielder and trainer, he is nothing like Le Tissier.

Which would all stack up great if Adam was lazy. He's a hard working midfielder

That's very open to debate.

He doesn't play the same position as Le Tissier though, that is true. They have different skill sets.

Moving away from Charlie Adam for a second, Martin "Skull" Skrtl has signed a new long term deal. Not sure if it warrants "Lolverpool" thread news, but it's as good a place as any I suppose. He's a very good defender, but was guilty of some It's a Knockout stuff at the weekend.

Moving away from Charlie Adam for a second, Martin "Skull" Skrtl has signed a new long term deal. Not sure if it warrants "Lolverpool" thread news, but it's as good a place as any I suppose. He's a very good defender, but was guilty of some It's a Knockout stuff at the weekend.

Excellent news. Lots of clubs were sniffing about him.

for years Liverpool have heavily relied on one player ,Gerrard and now they are doing the same thing with Suarez, they don't need 1 40 million pound player they need 4 10 million pound players, and even that won't be enough, pish poor side will finish top 10 maybe.

Also did anyone keep a straight face when that knob Hansen said Agger and Skirtel were argueably the top defenders in the league last season.laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Also did anyone keep a straight face when that knob Hansen said Agger and Skirtel were argueably the top defenders in the league last season.laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Take Kompany out of the equation (and he started the season slowly) and I'm not really sure what you're laughing at :blink:

The Sky paper talk section claims Liverpool have rejected an attempt by Bolton to take Jay Spearing on a season long loan. One can only assume that they've rejected it as they'd prefer it was a permanent arrangement rather than a loan, because to actively try and keep dross like Spearing would be utter folly.

Take Kompany out of the equation (and he started the season slowly) and I'm not really sure what you're laughing at :blink:

I'll help you out, they're utter shite. Phil Bardsleys had better stats than them for roughly every season they've spent in England. Are you suggesting Phil Bardsley is the best defender in the league outwith Kompany (who by the way, Vidic shites on from a gargantuan height).

The Sky paper talk section claims Liverpool have rejected an attempt by Bolton to take Jay Spearing on a season long loan. One can only assume that they've rejected it as they'd prefer it was a permanent arrangement rather than a loan, because to actively try and keep dross like Spearing would be utter folly.

I've heard they've agreed a loan deal with a £3 million fee agreed if Bolton wish to take it up.

Few more LOLverpool rumours..

• Adam has been told to leave
  • Joe Cole looks to be staying due to lack of interest
  • Oussama Assaidi is the main target after a deal for Affelay died
  • Liverpool have offered Celtic £5 million for Victor Wanyama
  • One of Gaston Ramirez and Theo Walcott will sign before the window closes as Rodgers want's a "big name" signing
  • Rumours that Aaron Lennon and Andy Carroll will swap teams

What's all the bigging up of Adam in this thread for? Got exposed as an average PL player at Liverpool last season IMO. Looked good at times but can be incredibly wasteful. It wasn't noticed often for Blackpool but was for a much bigger side.

Just a few, short seasons ago, Liverpool's starting midfield was Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano (now of Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively), with Premier League Player of the Year Steven Gerrard ahead of them supporting Fernando Torres, who at that time was arguably the most potent striker in the Premier League. And they had a double Champions League winning manager in charge of them.

Skip forward a few seasons and their midfielders are Joe Allen, Jordan Henderson, Jonjo Shelvey and Charlie Adam, with occasional cameos from an injury prone Steven Gerrard, who's been living off of past glories for about 3 years now, with Andy Carroll up front and a relative rookie in charge, Rodgers only having managed small clubs previously and only getting his first managerial post in 2008.

Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Enrique, Suarez, Borini and Lucas is a decent spine of a team, but only if they can add half a dozen players of real quality to complement them, and even then they'd have zero strength in depth and would have to fall back on the likes of Carragher and Downing.

Players like Adam, Downing, Shelvey, Spearing, Henderson, Carragher (nowadays), Cole, Carroll, Kelly, Brad Jones (I put his first name in as noone would know who I meant otherwise, he's that famous) et al will not get them anywhere near the level that they aspire to and that their fans demand.

A look at the following link illustrates perfectly the position that Liverpool are in: http://www.liverpool...team/first-team There are very few quality players amongst that lot, and precious few experienced players to call upon when they need to freshen things up.

That's not to say that guys like Charlie Adam and the rest aren't talented, I happen to like Charlie Adam as a player, but they're not the calibre of player that renowned teams with a famous name turn to to lead them to trophies. Until Liverpool can or will have a complete sweep of their playing staff and build a new squad from the ground up then they will simply continue to plod along and fall further and further behind the Man United's, Man City's, Arsenal's and Chelsea's of this world.

Edited by Sweet Pete

It's interesting you mention Xabi Alonso, considering Real Madrid are refusing to offer him a new contract...

Heard a rumour hes signing pre-contract terms with Liverpool to come back next year.

I'll help you out, they're utter shite. Phil Bardsleys had better stats than them for roughly every season they've spent in England. Are you suggesting Phil Bardsley is the best defender in the league outwith Kompany (who by the way, Vidic shites on from a gargantuan height).

I have literally no idea what you are dribbling on about.