Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

There’s a lot that I could into with this post, however I will settle for pointing out that you are wrong regarding the club playing Simply The Best. The add ons were previously sung during the pause between the opening few verses. As such, the club now only play what you would probably consider as the chorus. “f**k the Pope and the IRA” is no longer chanted at Ibrox during Simply The Best.

Tbf, the chorus wasn't immune either, given that Simply The Best was and possibly still is met with "The first battalion of the UVF" 

Not to defend Rangers fans, but a lot of the sectarian stuff is treated as just words, without any thought to the meaning of them

There will be some that sing f**k the pope and sang about ****** this or that, that have literally never once thought about Catholicism in a true sense. To them they're just names that you can shout at a rival football team, no different to calling fans of certain other clubs junkies or bin dippers or whatever else

Not saying this is right, but this will be the mindset of most of the 'good' Rangers fans you're talking about 

4 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Not to defend Rangers fans, but a lot of the sectarian stuff is treated as just words, without any thought to the meaning of them

There will be some that sing f**k the pope and sang about ****** this or that, that have literally never once thought about Catholicism in a true sense. To them they're just names that you can shout at a rival football team, no different to calling fans of certain other clubs junkies or bin dippers or whatever else

Not saying this is right, but this will be the mindset of most of the 'good' Rangers fans you're talking about 

Life is full of people who just say things without actually thinking about them. Not everyone who shouts a homophobic shout actively hates gay people. Not everyone who shouts a racial slur actively hates other races, but as a society its expected and accepted (for the most part) that people doing so are punished accordingly anyway. I'm not sure why we should ever make the distinction for sectarian bigotry. The whole "ah but its just 90 minute bigotry" is so fucking weak and wouldn't fly for any other protected characteristics. 

I'm not someone who holds a great deal of respect for the idea of religion, but I do obey the law and wouldn't openly abuse someone based on their religion, so I'm not sure why some people think they can hand wave it away as people being overly sensitive because they object to it once inside a football stadium. 

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

See above. I'd honestly be worried if this site was seen as a place where the kind of scum that support your club were welcome.

Worry away then, 90% of the posters here are pretty sound if you can take a fair slagging. 

Edited by RuMoore

I find the framing of this just very naive.

There is no section of the Rangers support that isn't a bigoted mess that delights in wanking itself into a fury over child abuse.

Any Rangers fans on here ever been at a game and objected to the folk around them singing sectarian songs or songs about child abuse? I'd be my life that not one of them ever has. And I think we all know how such an intervention would go down, so who can blame them?

Rangers' support are the fucking dregs of our society, and people claiming there is some large 'normal' element are off the mark.

There might be Rangers fans you like socially, or who you get on with at work. But 100% of that support know what they're part of and they choose to sign up for it.

Every one of them is a wrong'un.

Let's take just one simple wee thing. Rangers' pre-match song remains Simply The Best. They know the fans sing along with "f**k the Pope and the IRA". They know this. I know this. You know this. Yet, they play the song every week because they know the fans like singing "f**k the Pope and the IRA". Let that sink in. Have you ever heard a Rangers fan object to this? I haven't. Ever heard anyone say "I won't go back because the club obviously panders to bigots"? I haven't.

Their fans accept these things at the best edge, and revel in them in the main. Rangers fans are complete wrong'uns, and in the 21st century none of them have an excuse.

f**k them.

See above. I'd honestly be worried if this site was seen as a place where the kind of scum that support your club were welcome.

All of this is such hateful pish that I'd be disappointed in the mods if you weren't issued with at least a warning. People have been banned for less.

The "all OF fans are bigots" line is peddled too often and it's unthinking rubbish. I'm not a Jags fan because I'm virtuous or because I deliberately chose an OF alternative. I support them because my Da supports them. Most people will be the same.

The highlighted bit is unbelievable. 

You're an angry wee weirdo who seems to live to have axes to grind. An utter welt.

I find the framing of this just very naive.

There is no section of the Rangers support that isn't a bigoted mess that delights in wanking itself into a fury over child abuse.

Any Rangers fans on here ever been at a game and objected to the folk around them singing sectarian songs or songs about child abuse? I'd be my life that not one of them ever has. And I think we all know how such an intervention would go down, so who can blame them?

Rangers' support are the fucking dregs of our society, and people claiming there is some large 'normal' element are off the mark.

There might be Rangers fans you like socially, or who you get on with at work. But 100% of that support know what they're part of and they choose to sign up for it.

Every one of them is a wrong'un.

Let's take just one simple wee thing. Rangers' pre-match song remains Simply The Best. They know the fans sing along with "f**k the Pope and the IRA". They know this. I know this. You know this. Yet, they play the song every week because they know the fans like singing "f**k the Pope and the IRA". Let that sink in. Have you ever heard a Rangers fan object to this? I haven't. Ever heard anyone say "I won't go back because the club obviously panders to bigots"? I haven't.

Their fans accept these things at the best edge, and revel in them in the main. Rangers fans are complete wrong'uns, and in the 21st century none of them have an excuse.

f**k them.

Have you ever objected to your fans singing sectarian songs or singing about child abuse? 

10 minutes ago, velo army said:

All of this is such hateful pish that I'd be disappointed in the mods if you weren't issued with at least a warning. People have been banned for less.

The "all OF fans are bigots" line is peddled too often and it's unthinking rubbish. I'm not a Jags fan because I'm virtuous or because I deliberately chose an OF alternative. I support them because my Da supports them. Most people will be the same.

You're an angry wee weirdo who seems to live to have axes to grind. An utter welt.

I couldn't be arsed to reply myself but you have summed it up nicely tbh. Is he not the weirdo who keeps going on about Livingston too? Hopefully he keeps talking himself in to a ban. A rather bitter man.

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Have you ever objected to your fans singing sectarian songs or singing about child abuse? 

You disagree with him?

As to your question. Yes. Had a shouting match with a few bams at an Edin derby a few years ago. Probably didn't change their minds but they shut up for the remainder of the game.

Most clubs have their morons, certainly we do and they are an embarrassment and an irritant. They are a minority though and our club is as multi-cultural as the local community. My own mother's side had Irish Catholics who just happened to settle locally and their kids supported Hearts.

Slán gu foill.

9 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

You disagree with him?

As to your question. Yes. Had a shouting match with a few bams at an Edin derby a few years ago. Probably didn't change their minds but they shut up for the remainder of the game.

Most clubs have their morons, certainly we do and they are an embarrassment and an irritant. They are a minority though and our club is as multi-cultural as the local community. My own mother's side had Irish Catholics who just happened to settle locally and their kids supported Hearts.

Slán gu foill.

With some of his post yes especially in regards to every fan being a wrong un because if that’s the case then it would have to apply equally to every fan of every club where they have morons that want to indulge in this shit, it’s not the reality. 

And fair play to you not many have the minerals for that. At the Ross County season opener, those fannies who call themselves the Bhoys decided to give a rendition of RITG at Celtic Park, I haven’t heard that since the 90’s, it’s an odious song, however it was good to see a number of fans just below and to the left of them give them pelters until they stopped.  

54 minutes ago, velo army said:

😀

Aye, no bother.

Anyone that doesn't look at Rangers with utter disgust needs their head looked at.

4 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Broad brush, sweeping generalisations about a large and yes, diverse group are not helpful in the slightest if we're actually looking for solutions here.

I'd challenge that the Rangers support is diverse in a meaningful way.

I have no truck with this "don't offend the bigots" pish.

Everyone knows what Rangers are. Anyone choosing to identify with them as a 21st century adult and then giving it the crocodile tears "I get tarred as a bigot" should be told to get themselves to f**k.

We all know what Rangers are.

The actual solution to Rangers is parents of kids getting to the point where allowing their kids to support an overtly bigotted organisation is no longer socially normal.

The solution is absolutely not excusing people who choose to spend their free time steeped in bigotry.

Scotland's relationship with Rangers is weird. Really weird.

Remove the fitba context and they'd get shut down.

31 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I have. As covered in various threads.

I've yet to be called a tarrier, get punched in the face, or even told to f**k off.

You’ve said that you have challenged songs sung by Hearts fans before which is commendable.

However your logic is that anyone who doesn’t challenge it is an enabler or are just as bad.

Considering that the majority of Hearts fans won’t have called out singing as you did, does this mean the majority of the Hearts fan base are enablers and are just as bad as those singing?

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

You’ve said that you have challenged songs sung by Hearts fans before which is commendable.

However your logic is that anyone who doesn’t challenge it is an enabler or are just as bad.

Considering that the majority of Hearts fans won’t have called out singing as you did, does this mean the majority of the Hearts fan base are enablers and are just as bad as those singing?

I've covered all this stuff in various Hearts conversations on here.

I've got no intention of going round in circles with you while you give it the "poor me" chat.

You could have chosen any fitba team you wanted. You're an adult. You chose Rangers.

That speaks volumes. It's amazing to me so many people give fans of this odious club a pass.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

I've covered all this stuff in various Hearts conversations on here.

I've got no intention of going round in circles with you while you give it the "poor me" chat.

You could have chosen any fitba team you wanted. You're an adult. You chose Rangers.

That speaks volumes.

lol, shat it