Clach info

welshbairn

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Were you there, what was the score?

Hope you missed the monsoon style downpour that Inverness got.

I wasn't, bus  I planned to go on got cancelled. 5-0 to Clach, boy I know who lives in Fortrose went.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Were you there, what was the score?

Hope you missed the monsoon style downpour that Inverness got.

5-0 Clach, score flattered Clach, most of game was pretty even. Just the odd shower. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Any idea what KO time & entry will be for Friday night?

7pm, either free or a fiver max I'd have thought. Don't think it will be the County first team. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How are people feeling about the Inverness Cup next week? Not sure if it’s going to be replacing the ICT v Clach friendly every year but think it would be fun for it to involve other teams like it has in the past. 

35 minutes ago, jengers said:

How are people feeling about the Inverness Cup next week? Not sure if it’s going to be replacing the ICT v Clach friendly every year but think it would be fun for it to involve other teams like it has in the past. 

Heard they're planning to invite other teams in next year as a preseason tournament. Not sure I can be bothered with Tuesday night's game, especially with the way Clach are playing at the moment. 

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Heard they're planning to invite other teams in next year as a preseason tournament. Not sure I can be bothered with Tuesday night's game, especially with the way Clach are playing at the moment. 

That would be good aye, be interesting to see where they planned to fit it in though. I’d presume before the league cup groups but at that point teams tend to be playing for fitness so might not get great games. 

I’m planning on going down and hoping it’s at least entertaining. I recently revived an old football blog I had been writing so at the least it’ll be fun to write a wee bit about the Inverness Cup and the match haha. 

Edited by jengers

On 17/08/2023 at 16:19, welshbairn said:

Did you go to the game? 

I thought it was entertaining, both teams played some decent stuff at times. 

Edited by jengers

23 minutes ago, jengers said:

Did you go to the game? 

I thought it was entertaining, both teams played some decent stuff at times. 

No, kind of regret it now. Clach have been poor the last few games and I really didn't fancy watching them getting pummeled by the Caley reserves in a friendly, but sounds like a decent game. Hopefully they carry a bit of that energy to Brora tomorrow, last year's game was a classic for me, very unlucky to come away without at least a point, a proper battle it was. 

Calum Ferguson will be key for Clach this season.  He'll score goals IMO.  He was a right handful the other night. He stuck out like like a sore thumb and you could tell a mile off he'd payed at a higher level.

Edited by TheScarf

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No, kind of regret it now. Clach have been poor the last few games and I really didn't fancy watching them getting pummeled by the Caley reserves in a friendly, but sounds like a decent game. Hopefully they carry a bit of that energy to Brora tomorrow, last year's game was a classic for me, very unlucky to come away without at least a point, a proper battle it was. 

Yeah definitely gave a decent account of themselves. If they take the positives from that match then it definitely could help spur them on. 

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Calum Ferguson will be key for Clach this season.  He'll score goals IMO.  He was a right handful the other night. He stuck out like like a sore thumb and you could tell a mile off he'd payed at a higher level.

I agree. He was Clach’s best player by a fair bit. I thought Lewis MacKenzie was great when he came on too. His ball carrying was causing Caley problems and his pass through for Ferguson’s goal was class. 

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We definitely could do with experience and ruthlessness up front. 

3 minutes ago, jengers said:

I agree. He was Clach’s best player by a fair bit. I thought Lewis MacKenzie was great when he came on too. His ball carrying was causing Caley problems and his pass through for Ferguson’s goal was class. 

MacKenzie is rapid and it's baffling why he's always on the bench for Clach.  The team is hardly blessed with pace and in the HL pace is a huge asset to sides.