Let's play a daft wee game!

djchapsticks

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having another go this time from something that isn't default.

The road I'm on is called Bernstrasse. Probably Switzerland then.

1. Couple of clicks and a Swiss flag appears. Also found a road sign pointing me to Bern. I bet there's an airport there.

2. There's also signs pointing to Zurich and Basel now - Is Switzerland really that small?

3. Signpost for a flughafen! and the plane symbol confirms that I did remember some German!

Yeah, I went the wrong way down the motorway should have been heading to Zurich International, ended up near Birmensdorf having started in Dietikon. Baws - I'm crap at this.

Some weird stuff going on here. A car in front of me keeps disappearing then reappearing. It's a if two surveys have been combined in a random way. Yesterday I was in bright summer sunshine then deep snow for a hundred metres of so then back out to the sunshine.

At the moment I'm driving on the left but it's not the UK. Language suggests something Germanic. South Africa? There can't be many countries drive on the left but I don't exactly know which ones.

Been stoating around a wooded area with dirt roads for ages, seen a road sign telling me Hurova is 4 miles away. Cheated and asked google where the nearest airport is. 32 miles away from Hurova so I'm either 36 or 28 miles from the nearest airport. Nice day but I'm not hanging around to get sodomised by a hairy Estonian.

OK P&B. Go to the website www.mapcrunch.com. This will drop you on a random google maps road somewhere on planet Earth. Now the box to your left asking where to, tick the box saying 'stealth' and hit the 'GO' button. You are now somewhere you've never been and no idea of the country you're in. Your task? Navigate your way to an airport to get yourself home.

Good wee game but the first 3 times I tried it not only did I recognise the place, I had actually driven down the road within the last year or so!

I got dropped in the middle of a big motorway. Went to the first sign and realised it was in Chinese/Japanese/Korean lettering. Continued onwards in the hope of finding a sign to let me know where I was. Just down the road, there was a sign for Seoul, which indicated that I was in South Korea. At the next junction, there was a sign which said "Terminal", so I hoped it was related to an airport. I was in luck, upon turning the corner and following various roads, I ended up at Incheon Airport.

I think I got dropped in the same place. My big clues were an airport shuttle bus on the other side of the road and motorway signs pointing towards Seoul and Sammock.

Is there a limit to the choices? Or was this just a coincidence...

Not sure if i did this right but I clicked 'Stealth' then 'Go' and ended up on the B822 near Lennoxtown, I headed for Milton of Campsie then Kirkintilloch and its an easy run back to my house from there.

Not quite as difficult as I thought it would be.

Started at the Spain-Portugal border with 2 police looking very suspicious laugh.gif

Those are Guarda Civil, the ones that carry guns. I'm guessing they are sitting up at the border because Portugal has decriminalised cannabis while it's illegal in Spain. I met quite a few people crossing the border to sell it on.

That part of Europe is lovely btw. The E1 which runs all the way through Portugal (North/South) has some great scenery up near the Galician border; especially round Pontevedra and Redondela.

I think I got dropped in the same place. My big clues were an airport shuttle bus on the other side of the road and motorway signs pointing towards Seoul and Sammock.

Is there a limit to the choices? Or was this just a coincidence...

Like I said earlier, so did I. Was this on the highway running parallel the runway next to it?!

Started off in some winding little road in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees. Fortunately I found that I was then in the hills just above a large city. Passed a lot of Nissans and Toyota's so far, but not one single street sign. I think I must be in Japan or somewhere.

Gone past a sign in a Chinese or Japanese kinda writing, but under it had a website address that ended gov.mo so I think I'm in Mongolia.

Just went past the "Hotel Taipa: Best Western".

Driven round a little bit, and saw that I went past a roadsign, turned round to discover that I've pretty much gone the exact opposite direction from the Macau airport. I find my way there, to find that I'd started off about 400m (as the crow flies) from the airport, I just couldn't see it for the trees. dry.gif

Archived